Status
Not open for further replies.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Opinions on Reid Racing vs Mojave?

If you currently have the aluminum knuckles, upgrading to the Eco Diesel/Mojave steel knuckles while you have everything apart is a good idea; we've seen a few broken or damaged aluminum knuckles turn up during our product testing.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Opinions on Reid Racing vs Mojave?
We don't test with other manufacture's parts due too the large number of variables involved, but in general any non aluminum knuckle is a good idea.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Understand that. Too many variables to control for. I want to go 37s and I also want to not break things.

We don't test with other manufacture's parts due too the large number of variables involved, but in general any non aluminum knuckle is a good idea.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
The C-clip retainer is a nice feature, keeps the ball joint pulling out as seen on a few failures. I think the axle u-joint goes boom then pulls the ball joint out with it.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
ordered mine.....because I am a creature of impulse.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Are you going to be coming out with a set for us?

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Are you going to be coming out with a set for us?
I am unsure exactly what you mean by "us", but our 3452010 ball joints fit all current JL/JT applications, both D30/D44 equivalent axles either with aluminum knuckles or steel knuckles. We've just seen a few failures on the aluminum knuckles unrelated to our ball joints, hence the recommendation to get steel knuckles on larger tire'd (37+ tire) or harder wheeled Jeeps.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I think he's hinting at a Teraflex knuckle....

I can attest I love my Falcon SP2 3.5 eAdjust....
Got to wheel them last weekend...

I am unsure exactly what you mean by "us", but our 3452010 ball joints fit all current JL/JT application, both D30/D44 equivalent axles either with aluminum knuckles or steel knuckles; we've just seen a few failures on the aluminum knuckles unrelated to our ball joints, hence the recommendation to get steel knuckles on larger tire'd or wheeled Jeeps.

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Is there a break in period for these? I had them installed by a shop and the Jeep is pulling to the right. They were the recommended installed ball joint, they also did an alignment. They said there could be a bit of a period where they might stick a bit. Is this normal and how long typically before things normalize if so?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Is there a break in period for these? I had them installed by a shop and the Jeep is pulling to the right. They were the recommended installed ball joint, they also did an alignment. They said there could be a bit of a period where they might stick a bit. Is this normal and how long typically before things normalize if so?
Yes, there can be a notable "break in" period on them when new; which can temporarily create memory steer as a result. The installation of our ball joints shouldn't "create" a pull to left or right, but they can slow the return to center of the steering when new. I'll explain.

The manganese phosphate coating we use on the internal parts is a rough, coarse surface finish, and with use the finish will polish in and become smoother. It can vary on driving habits and grease used in the joints, but normally within 1500-2000 miles the joints should free up.

LetzGoState

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Yes, there can be a notable "break in" period on them when new; which can temporarily create memory steer as a result. The installation of our ball joints shouldn't "create" a pull to left or right, but they can slow the return to center of the steering when new. I'll explain.

The manganese phosphate coating we use on the internal parts is a rough, coarse surface finish, and with use the finish will polish in and become smoother. It can vary on driving habits and grease used in the joints, but normally within 1500-2000 miles the joints should free up.
Thank you for the quick reply! Front end seems very solid with them installed.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.