2019 JLU; 2020 JT

Ozian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUS, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, the regular 3.3s hit the auxiliary battery box on the RHD Gladiators and JL Wranglers… ask me how I know! Lucky for you Falcon now has the diesel version that doesn’t hit the box. The reservoir is a lot shorter on the diesel shocks than the regular version.

If you go with the regular version you’ll need to relocate the aux battery somewhere else, such as under the passenger seat like I did. It’s not too hard, but a pain to do. You’ll need to remove the passenger side fender, the aux battery and then trim the box to allow room for the reservoir. Next you need to extend the positive and negative cables through the firewall to under the passenger seat and fabricate a way to keep the battery secure. Pics below show how I did this on my 2020 Rubicon.

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Suspension for RHD JT IMG_1166

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Suspension for RHD JT IMG_1165

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Suspension for RHD JT IMG_1170

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Suspension for RHD JT IMG_1174

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Suspension for RHD JT IMG_1178

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Suspension for RHD JT IMG_1181

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Suspension for RHD JT IMG_1185

OP
OP

Rancor

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2020 JT
Thank you very much Ian for confirming that it is an issue, and for your detailed experience at adapting to it. How we, I would not want to go down that path of relocating my aux.
When you said the diesel version does not have this problem, do you mean this one: https://teraflex.com/jl-ecodiesel-4xe-392-falcon-sp2-3-3-fast-adjust-piggyback-shock-kit-2-4-5.html

if it is, then my ignorant question is would it fit a non diesel? I have the 3.6 Petrol version, and am definitely wondering if this fits, then why does Teraflex state it is only for Diesel/4xe/392?

sorry again for my noob questions.

Ozian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have a look at this page: https://www.falconshocks.com/copy-of-jl-wrangler-unlimited

This page lists all the shock choices for the Gladiator, and each has an option for the JT Ecodiesel. Those are the ones you want, not the Wrangler shocks. The Ecodiesel shocks do fit the petrol versions as well. The valuing might be a bit different, but apparently there are a few people running them here in Australia on their petrol Gladiators and they seem to work fine (though i haven’t tried them myself).

OP
OP

Rancor

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU; 2020 JT
Thank you! Will read up more on them, and also check with my workshop!

Ozian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)