Sponsored

Do I need any suspension components for Teraflex 1 inch leveling kit?

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@Clayton Off Road Hi there. Dear Clayton. I'm strongly considering the Right Ride 1.5-inch lift kit for my JTR. While I'll primarily be driving on the road, I'm someone who pays close attention to the finer details of my vehicle. As I contemplate this upgrade, I'm uncertain about whether it's essential to opt for the Overland package, including the 8 control arms. Do you believe that, for someone like me, the Right Ride kit alone would suffice? Additionally, I'm interested in pairing it with the Fox 2.0 shock. Could you offer me some advice on this choice? Thank you very much!
Sponsored

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Honestly, for a 1.5 front and back lift you might be good with just the track bars. Perhaps the MOPAR 2" lower front LCAs.
I added a 1 inch spacer to the front of my Mojave that already sits 1 inch higher than the Rubicon and others, The lower control arms from the Mopar kit made a slight improvement on highway steering feel and only cost $120 for the pair (CDN $$).

Go for the 1.5 level, the LCA's then if you think you need to spend a few hundred on the track bar go for it. If I go any higher I will get a track bar on mine as I see slight spring bowing now.

All 8 control arms are completely not necessary with 1.5 or 2 inches of lift all around.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Clayton Off Road Hi there. Dear Clayton. I'm strongly considering the Right Ride 1.5-inch lift kit for my JTR. While I'll primarily be driving on the road, I'm someone who pays close attention to the finer details of my vehicle. As I contemplate this upgrade, I'm uncertain about whether it's essential to opt for the Overland package, including the 8 control arms. Do you believe that, for someone like me, the Right Ride kit alone would suffice? Additionally, I'm interested in pairing it with the Fox 2.0 shock. Could you offer me some advice on this choice? Thank you very much!
Hey there! For primarily on-road driving the Ride Right kit is perfect. Even for light wheeling, you have everything you need, the Overland Plus kit just kicks it up a notch for both on-road driving with better geometry and vibration dampening, and off-road with more flex and durability. You also get the option of upgrading as you go if want with the Ride Right kit, so if you want to throw on any of the other components and complete the Overland Plus kit little by little you can do that! Fox 2.0 shocks pair great for either kit and really dial it in for a nice daily driver set up :rock:

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Hhhmmm…. On a 2 inch kit the arms aren’t gonna do anything for flex, the shocks will determine the amount of flex.

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there! For primarily on-road driving the Ride Right kit is perfect. Even for light wheeling, you have everything you need, the Overland Plus kit just kicks it up a notch for both on-road driving with better geometry and vibration dampening, and off-road with more flex and durability. You also get the option of upgrading as you go if want with the Ride Right kit, so if you want to throw on any of the other components and complete the Overland Plus kit little by little you can do that! Fox 2.0 shocks pair great for either kit and really dial it in for a nice daily driver set up :rock:
Thank you! What kind of shock should I pair with the 1.5 inch kit? Fox 2.0 (0-1.5) or (2-3.5)? I read some where you said it would be best to pair with 2-3.5. Why is that if the amount I will lift is only 1.5?
Last questions, I know you guys gave Black Friday sales going on, do you guys have forum discounts coupon code?

Thank you so much!

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you! What kind of shock should I pair with the 1.5 inch kit? Fox 2.0 (0-1.5) or (2-3.5)? I read some where you said it would be best to pair with 2-3.5. Why is that if the amount I will lift is only 1.5?
Last questions, I know you guys gave Black Friday sales going on, do you guys have forum discounts coupon code?

Thank you so much!
The 2-3.5" shocks for sure! The 1.5" kit really provides around 2" of lift total, and the 2-3" shocks provide the proper amount of travel to really get the full benefits from the kit. Unfortunately the forum discount code wouldn't work at the moment with the sale!

MMMojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired LEO - Current College Professor
Is there a need for an Alignment after the instal of the Teraflex 1.5” spacers on the front?

OP
OP
Elgin

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2-3.5" shocks for sure! The 1.5" kit really provides around 2" of lift total, and the 2-3" shocks provide the proper amount of travel to really get the full benefits from the kit. Unfortunately the forum discount code wouldn't work at the moment with the sale!
Thank you. When I clicked "bills of materials" under the 1.5-inch ride right kit, I saw it uses 1.5-inch rear springs and 2.5 front springs. Why is that? But there are front and rear 2.5 springs for a 2.5-inch ride-right kit. I am a little confused. Could you explain it a bit for me? Thank you!
Question 2: If I go with 2.5 ride right, am I actually getting 3 inch lift if I do not have a winch or metal bumper? Thanks again!

DQQSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Ecodiesel
Occupation
Sprinkler Fitter
Do I need a front track bar or LCA etc...
1 inch leveling spacer should be fine for the long run, right?

Thank you!
Put a 1” Tera (front) on my Mopar lift to get rake out. No issues.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank you. When I clicked "bills of materials" under the 1.5-inch ride right kit, I saw it uses 1.5-inch rear springs and 2.5 front springs. Why is that? But there are front and rear 2.5 springs for a 2.5-inch ride-right kit. I am a little confused. Could you explain it a bit for me? Thank you!
Question 2: If I go with 2.5 ride right, am I actually getting 3 inch lift if I do not have a winch or metal bumper? Thanks again!
What you're seeing is just a part of the full name or description of the spring, I understand it could be confusing from that snippet you see, but if you click on the spring you can see the full name and it shows the spring is used as a 2.5" JL spring, and a 1.5" JT spring. The JL and JT, and even the JK all pretty much have identical front ends, but due to weight difference of course springs will provide different amounts of lift. Hopefully that helps!
Sponsored