Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
What was interesting to note was that at the very end he said dealers should be able to place orders next month or by March. To me that would suggest that dealerships should have prices by that time as well. After all why put in an order for a customer if you can’t tell the customer what it will cost?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
What was interesting to note was that at the very end he said dealers should be able to place orders next month or by March. To me that would suggest that dealerships should have prices by that time as well. After all why put in an order for a customer if you can’t tell the customer what it will cost?
I know it seems crazy but there were lots of people ordering JLs without knowing price.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Ordering banks could very well open up before any pricing is announced. Don't assume that the dealer can give you pricing as soon as they can order.

I would bet for those of us that follow this forum Jay will tell us pricing before the dealers know.

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Also, "defining pricing" may mean they have some certainty on price points (trim and packages) and some prices still TBD. If so, ...

(Stop here if you don't want any more speculatin', cause I got some fresh figerration fer ya.)

I think they are sort of locked into packages b/c other vehicles have same or similar (floor mats, the much discussed roofs, etc).

So the only things to be defined are unique to JT. That would be the overland trim, the max tow package, the JT itself, and what else?

Same way for the truck itself. It fits somewhere in the lineup, but not anywhere in the line up. They have a product line established, pricing is established for everything other model. Yes they might raise GC price in future, but right now it it is priced in the marketplace. So it would be a big big signal if they insert JT above GC. Most expensive base model is the JT? Wow if that happens.

So, that would mean it will be below GC. So we would see a premium in the neighborhood of less than ...something... over the JLU? But not 5 grand, not even half of five grand. There's only a couple grand between JLU and GC, if that's the sweet spot.

I know, patience says obewan kanobi. And everyone is sick of speculators. But I've got nowhere else to go... MSRP $32,770 JT Sport no options. My true hope and last final answer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
@ 15:48
Q. When pricing, availability
A. Pricing not yet defined, announced March/April
A. JT Arrives Dealerships May/June

No two door @ 17:00

I listened to this and thanks for providing the link - pretty soft answer on the question relating to alternative cabs (e.g. two-door). I think within three years Jeep will have at least added an extended cab.

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I listened to this and thanks for providing the link - pretty soft answer on the question relating to alternative cabs (e.g. two-door). I think within three years Jeep will have at least added an extended cab.
Gotta be. Agree. Look at all the options in other Jeeps. They fill it out over time. I saw leather option on one of the base models. A two door or extended cab (not 4door) is for sure, imo. Thanks for checking back on this.

BlckJT

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC Altitude -=BlckWK2=-
I know, patience says obewan kanobi. And everyone is sick of speculators. But I've got nowhere else to go... MSRP $32,770 JT Sport no options. My true hope and last final answer.
In 2014 I bought my 14’ JGC Altitude for under $39K. I’m going with your price point for JT Sport no options. I’m thinking JT Sport S optioned with Max Tow, 7” infotainment, bed liner, and bed cover, will hit my JGC price point of around $40K. Else for basic models we would start seeing RAM 1500 Bighorn pricing.

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
In 2014 I bought my 14’ JGC Altitude for under $39K. I’m going with your price point for JT Sport no options. I’m thinking JT Sport S optioned with Max Tow, 7” infotainment, bed liner, and bed cover, will hit my JGC price point of around $40K. Else for basic models we would start seeing RAM 1500 Bighorn pricing.
Seems like it. You have to be correct on S. Unless, seriously, they go way wrong. Look at it. The guys on here who are around 40K are plentiful, and are all Jeepers. Many different kinds of jeeps, different locations of purchase Nationwide, basically reps of many of Jeep's whole demographic. You have a trackhawk ( very nice!) and others. I had a used Comanche 88 and new ones over several years. Everyone on here. The same story. Jeep want to piss ALL of us off? Really?!? I don't see it rolling out high priced. Lol. If I do see it then I'll be in a resto, and totally happy.
Sponsored