First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
The washer thing is an issue that needs to be made known to BAK. @RealTruck Alex can you reach out?
I was also missing two metal washers for the strap assembly, had quite a few metal shavings and two minor scratches to the rails, and have used some gorilla glue to more thoroughly fasten the plastic caps on the edges by the tailgate to the cover itself. Minor issues, but agreed that @RealTruck should fix them for future consumers.
Sponsored

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
I was also missing two metal washers for the strap assembly, had quite a few metal shavings and two minor scratches to the rails, and have used some gorilla glue to more thoroughly fasten the plastic caps on the edges by the tailgate to the cover itself. Minor issues, but agreed that @RealTruck should fix them for future consumers.
Yeah luckily I had some washers but YES metal shavings galore! Those end caps are my real concern. I shouldn't have to gorilla glue something brand new

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
@RealTruck doesnt make them, they are just a supplier (unless I’m wrong). BAK or Truck Hero is the manufacturer.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
Yeah luckily I had some washers but YES metal shavings galore! Those end caps are my real concern. I shouldn't have to gorilla glue something brand new

Interesting, now that you mention it I was missing 2 washers for the straps that hold it in place open (went to TSC and grabbed a couple) and mine was months ago with the older version.

I also agree that the rubber will flatten out with heat and opening/closing a couple times, other than that mine was fine though

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
If there are any issues that need to be addressed please PM or email me. With the amount comments/replies, I want to make sure everyone is properly taken care of and no one is missed with how quickly something can get buried. I certainly am not trying to hide these issue by asking that but more of wanting to make sure it is addressed, sometimes I am not able to take a look at the comments due to the multitude of PM's I get not only from this forum but the other forums I run as well. If you do message me please be patient for me to respond. I look forward to hearing from the ones that have had any issues to make sure we can get this knocked out as quickly as possible to make you satisfied.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
Also, those who have had issues with the lack of washers. Is it the large flat washer or the rubber washer. How many would you think should be included?

I have someone on standby to send this information to that can put this information in the right person's ear at BAK

MrFlinestone

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2016 JKUR
Anyone else having problems with the rolling top slats disconnecting from each other? I am very gentle with this thing and after a few weeks have two of those slats disconnecting. It puts bumps on the top when closed, but also makes it harder to close and raises the seals.

I’ve already had to get one of the side rails replaced due to damage from factory or shipping and I had one of the first batches of the x4s and initially got wrong hardware.

53413519-3689-49EB-A17B-08DF77BC7261.jpeg

91219FEE-25CA-48DC-BDC6-51D7FB742180.jpeg

53AB9101-06F6-452A-B902-B1421A8C9652.jpeg

9749AD07-5C05-4980-B604-DEF299A5EBA3.jpeg

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Also, those who have had issues with the lack of washers. Is it the large flat washer or the rubber washer. How many would you think should be included?

I have someone on standby to send this information to that can put this information in the right person's ear at BAK
It’s the large metal washer for the retention straps. It comes with 4 but requires 6.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else having problems with the rolling top slats disconnecting from each other? I am very gentle with this thing and after a few weeks have two of those slats disconnecting. It puts bumps on the top when closed, but also makes it harder to close and raises the seals.

I’ve already had to get one of the side rails replaced due to damage from factory or shipping and I had one of the first batches of the x4s and initially got wrong hardware.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 9749AD07-5C05-4980-B604-DEF299A5EBA3

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 9749AD07-5C05-4980-B604-DEF299A5EBA3

Ae man that's not good at all...I hope I don't get that problem too

Hawk123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mohave
I just got my x4S delivered today. Very fast delivery and seemed to be packaged very well. Like almost everyone else PLEASE work on the directions. It could really be re-written to take away a lot of the confusion. BAK also may consider doing installation videos for the various vehicle models.

I have mine on and I have run into a couple of issues. First when it is fully closed and locked I still have to "slap" down a couple of areas on the tonneau to ensure it is flush along the entire bed length. Further, it seems that I have to use a little more downward pressure than is intended to lock it down. I have tried to readjust both rails and have them spread flush against the bed. (I don't have a spray in or drop in bed liner).

Sponsored

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
I just got my x4S delivered today. Very fast delivery and seemed to be packaged very well. Like almost everyone else PLEASE work on the directions. It could really be re-written to take away a lot of the confusion. BAK also may consider doing installation videos for the various vehicle models.

I have mine on and I have run into a couple of issues. First when it is fully closed and locked I still have to "slap" down a couple of areas on the tonneau to ensure it is flush along the entire bed length. Further, it seems that I have to use a little more downward pressure than is intended to lock it down. I have tried to readjust both rails and have them spread flush against the bed. (I don't have a spray in or drop in bed liner).

Is it aligned squarely with the rails at the front?

awraynor

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician Assistant

I ordered last Wednesday from @RealTruck Said it could be 25 days. Received the notice today it'll be here Thursday. Woot!

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
Mine initially required pushing down and was not quite perfect when rolling and then I adjusted it as it wasn’t quite square near the cab. Now it rolls perfectly although I sometimes open the tailgate when closing it as it is easier to lock in.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine initially required pushing down and was not quite perfect when rolling and then I adjusted it as it wasn’t quite square near the cab. Now it rolls perfectly although I sometimes open the tailgate when closing it as it is easier to lock in.
Mine also isn't square along the cab. The passenger side is closer to the cab so it rolls better
Sponsored