22 JT Sport S, 14 Mustang GT/CS, 04 Honda Pilot
Occupation
Finance/Accounting

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
If you guys come out with a refresh at some point, I'd like to see the bed cap rails moved outboard an inch or two. They stick over the bed rails and using the cleats not as usable depending on the angle of tie down

And somehow, redesign the mechanisms to get those 'wings' from poking out of the bed opening.

And the tslots re-centered on the rails so accessories don't overhang.

Seeing decked revamp their main products makes me think this could definitely get a refresher.

Thanks.

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD, 07 Mustang GT, 05 Hoe, 90 Fox body 393W
Occupation
USN Seabee (1994-2021Ret.) / Current status DoD Contractor
Thanks for sharing the pics of the racks and the cover rolled up. What T-Slot nuts & Bolts did you use? I'm currently looking at several different racks and hardawre to secure them to the tracks on the cover.

I wonder what the tracks are rated for? If a Rack is rated at 800lbs Static and 300 Dynamic load, I wonder what the dynamic load limits of the tracks are? The cover is rated to support 400lbs of evenly distributed weight.

astronerd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astronerd.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance/Accounting
Thanks for sharing the pics of the racks and the cover rolled up. What T-Slot nuts & Bolts did you use? I'm currently looking at several different racks and hardawre to secure them to the tracks on the cover.

I wonder what the tracks are rated for? If a Rack is rated at 800lbs Static and 300 Dynamic load, I wonder what the dynamic load limits of the tracks are? The cover is rated to support 400lbs of evenly distributed weight.
The rack came with t slot bolts, M8. However the bolt head is not wide enough for the 13/16” opening on Revolver cover slots. The included bolts will work but they end up twisted at an angle. I ordered some t-slot bolts that will fit cover much better, 20mm square heads. I also ordered t-slot bolts with eyebolts on the other hand to act as tie down points.

Sponsored

astronerd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astronerd.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance/Accounting
here’s a pic of the new t-slot bolts (slightly shorter) and new knobs on the right side compared to the t-bolts and nuts that came with the rack. The new bolts are a big improvement.

IMG_8344.jpeg

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Do you have a link for the new hardware?

Rmyers

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21Jeep gladiator 20Toyota 4Runner 21 Ford F-250
Occupation
Natural gas compression
@RealTruck interested in bed cover can I get a quote?

RubiNewbCB

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Edge Trim Black Large, Fits Edge 1/4 Inch, Length 10 Feet (3.05 Meter)

https://a.co/d/gLmDXvH

For the front edge of the tonneau cover. The vinyl started to seperate. A rack that works with the T-Slots.

20240203_160914.jpg

20240202_115020.jpg

Sponsored

DAP222

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ, 2023 Gladiator Mojave
@RealTruck
I'm comparing two types; folding-bakflip MX4 against the gator EFX, and rolling-BAK revolver X4S against Rugged Ridge Armis; can you please PM quotes for each/shipped to zip 92252, thanks!

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
@RealTruck
I'm comparing two types; folding-bakflip MX4 against the gator EFX, and rolling-BAK revolver X4S against Rugged Ridge Armis; can you please PM quotes for each/shipped to zip 92252, thanks!
PM sent!

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
The first 2 pics are the cover rolling up to the first cross bar, the others are against the last cross bar. The cover fits under the first cross bar with only a little effort required. It will not clear the second cross bar.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 20240202_115020
It might look kind of goofy, but what if you turned the legs around to cant outward? Would the bars be long enough?

astronerd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astronerd.net
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance/Accounting
It might look kind of goofy, but what if you turned the legs around to cant outward? Would the bars be long enough?
@jimbom, I never thought of that - thanks! I'll give it a shot. I'm a little worried about the angle of the feet in conjunction with the slight slope of bedrail, but it's still worth a shot. I have thought about drilling new holes in each foot thus pushing the angled feet outwards more. I may need to add some aluminum shims in the feet to keep it all supported.

ColaJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I’ve had three over the past 5 years on Ram 1500 trucks. Even the latest version has an issue with extreme heat in hot Carolina summers. The glue melts and the vinyl peels away from the edge along the end by the tailgate. Also, the rails get misaligned over time causing the sides to not lay flat in spots. I warrantied one out and that took forever. I warrantied my last one and so far it has yet to come in. That was back in June or July. Doesn’t matter though. I traded my 1500 for the Gladiator and I’ve yet to pick a cover. I’m really Leary of another Bak.
Sponsored