Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
What is the rubber seal for? This the smaller double D looking one.
Saw some mention the tailgate but how would that go?

And @RealTruck got me the ends super fast, just finally remembered to say.
If you go to the installation video on BAK website you'll see it goes on the BACKSIDE of the cover to protect your rear window from being damaged if you do a loose roll up of the cover.
Sponsored

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
Had a problem with one of the corner pieces coming off. Contacted Alex about the problem and he he was on it. Had a new corner piece 3 days later.
Thank you Alex. Sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I concur with the statement of the reverse roll for packaging causing the rear corner issues.
That basically puts those pieces in an unnatural stress position.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I can't recommend BakFlip or RealTruck at this point. I have owned 4 BakFlip covers in the past and they have been great. I really was interested in the new X4 for the Jeep but based on the painful lead time and the QC issues, I played it safe and opted for the MX4. Seems like the QC issues are not specific to just the X4s. Mine arrived with some noticeable scratches that I could live with but was missing the two rail end caps. I have contacted Alex here on the forum and created a support ticket with zero response from either. Seems like RealTruck isn't interested in repeat business.
Don’t worry Alex with jump through hoops to make it right, or at least he has for me. 👍🏻

Sponsored

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
Thank you everyone for the kind words and the patience and understanding. I try my best to make sure you all and the other forums I run as well are all taken care of as best and quickly as possible. I appreciate every one of you all and for the business and support, you have given us!

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Just took a long road trip from San Diego to the Oregon Willamette Valley. Lots of rain, dust, dirt. My bed and precious cargo stayed dry and clean. Love this cover!

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 Mini Cooper S
So my cover finally came in a couple weeks ago and I just had the opportunity to put it on yesterday. No scratches or bends in the rails and the cover seems to be working good so far. They are still 2 washers short in the packaging though but that isn’t a huge deal. Still need to check for leaks but seems sealed pretty good.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
So my cover finally came in a couple weeks ago and I just had the opportunity to put it on yesterday. No scratches or bends in the rails and the cover seems to be working good so far. They are still 2 washers short in the packaging though but that isn’t a huge deal. Still need to check for leaks but seems sealed pretty good.
You got lucky, taking the whole thing off this weekend hopefully to put on rail set #4. 🤬

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 Mini Cooper S
After that and the braves winning I feel like I should grab a lottery ticket next.

Sponsored

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
After that and the braves winning I feel like I should grab a lottery ticket next.
Yeah, you definitely put it on my Astros, I knew it was over after that 3 run bomb left the whole damn park. Nice win Brother 👏🏻👊🏻

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
So this was after driving home in a medium to light rain, about a 20 minute Hwy drive at 65. Hopefully the 4th set of rails will fix this?

20EF0565-C8A1-4F93-882C-123F9BE91292.jpeg

E53DD2C7-1993-4432-A5CF-8D4448FAD202.jpeg

BD756445-7BBF-4AD8-90D8-E6DDE88C70B1.jpeg

E19667A3-7BC1-4EC2-86CE-86524931A92A.jpeg

4D98C2F9-F31A-4147-B197-4FAC71D1583F.jpeg

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Dang. I drove a few hours over the Cascades to Bend in constant rain and nary a drop got through.
Sponsored