Sponsored

JP15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black JKUR, 2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
I ordered on the 11th and shows shipped today. I think I am going to take tailgate off to apply.
Interesting...I ordered on the 9th and haven't received any ship notice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting...I ordered on the 9th and haven't received any ship notice.
I would email/call Daniel. He’s very responsive via phone and has always answered.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I would definitely like all Caps, I just did it like that to show that I would like the R in Raider to be the same size as the G and R on both ends.
What kind of cost difference are we talking? I’m guessing I won’t be the only one to buy this.
Any way that you can do a artist rendering to see what it might actually look like? Both Silver on Black and Black on Silver if so please. Thank you Sir.

Well that was supposed to include a quote from tampahoosier. Still learning this forum. Second post...
Email/call Daniel at Limitless Parts. He will be able to create the custom lettering you want. He won’t be able to do the colors because he would have to print them out and take pictures. He might have some of each material color laying around he can show you though.

grownwrong

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2020 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
engineer
Only problem I see going that route is you won’t be able to ensure the badge is level. You need to slap a level over the top of the stencil and/or letters to make sure the thing is level and letters are even. If you remove the tailgate and lay it flat on the ground you lose that ability.

Personally, I’d leave the tailgate on and do it the way 19commanche85 did and I suggested with the pdf print. It sounds intimidating but it’s not.
But if I measure from the top or bottom at least twice... i can mark where to set a straight line? I think i might mark it on the truck, and then take it down to apply. I'm also going to wrap the typical "black band" across the tailgate too... so I'll probably do both with the gate flat. We'll see.. I'll post my results in a few months once I get the darn truck.

JP15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black JKUR, 2020 Sting Gray JT Rubicon
I would email/call Daniel. He’s very responsive via phone and has always answered.
I have sent a couple emails, one today and one last Sunday without a reply. I see the charge on my CC but order status is still 'unfullfilled'.

Sponsored

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
He told me today that he had a few-day delay because of the overwhelming number of orders and the material shortages set a slight setback, also all orders will be sent out early next week...

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have sent a couple emails, one today and one last Sunday without a reply. I see the charge on my CC but order status is still 'unfullfilled'.
But did you call? I also know he was SLAMMED with orders after my posts and many custom inquiries. You’ll have to be patient... as hard as that may be with the excitement of getting a new rear end lol!

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone better put up pics of their new rear ends once they have been cosmetically enhanced 😂

I’m really excited to see how the Mojave turns out!

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
Only problem I see going that route is you won’t be able to ensure the badge is level. You need to slap a level over the top of the stencil and/or letters to make sure the thing is level and letters are even. If you remove the tailgate and lay it flat on the ground you lose that ability.

Personally, I’d leave the tailgate on and do it the way 19commanche85 did and I suggested with the pdf print. It sounds intimidating but it’s not.
Sorry, but that only works if your truck is absolutely level too!

Sponsored

jfhull71

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, Gator Sport S
Occupation
Millwright
Little too austentatious for me, but how about 1" letters to replace the sport decal?

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls... What you see here is a genuine "Damn, why didn't Jeep do this?" moment!

After hounding several companies for months on end trying to get a two layer/dual color “Gladiator” badge for the tailgate, I finally got one made! I couldn’t be more happy with the end result. I wanted a red/dark grey color scheme that matched the stock Jeep rubicon lettering and think I nailed it. I thought other kits (i.e. Hauk Offroad) were too small, so I wanted mine bigger. We went back and forth for a week working out the proper size for the outer letters (G-R) and all the inside lettering, spacing between the letters, and even several mock up printouts to confirm what variant and placement fit best and looked the most "stock".

The lettering is made from acrylic, and is laser cut with 3M adhesive for the backing. MADE here in the good ol' USA! I did have to make my own stencil kit, but that wasn't hard, just time consuming. I had the shop print out a spacer at the specified size so that each letter had the proper spacing. I lined up the letters on a piece of thick cardboard, taped them down, then used an X-acto knife to cut around them.

For those that don't want vinyl wrap on the tailgate like I did... The cool part is I worked out the measurements so that the holes from the original Jeep badge are covered by the new badge.

*** Edit: The purchase link is live! There are 3 options for $98 each: Rubicon, Mojave or Black/Red. Any other custom color combo is $118 due to the time involved.

https://limitlessparts.com/products...e-lettering-dual-color?variant=39258389348413

678E8418-710A-4EB5-A2A4-0C8FE21211B3_1_201_a.jpeg
9B0832A0-7838-4E6A-A8DB-8AD974642BD5_1_201_a.jpeg
31C0D386-F7E1-46ED-9489-C18EA5BDA108_1_201_a.jpeg
32C08E15-A78E-4D9A-BA04-176D7A7ADC84_1_201_a.jpeg
I have a question. Since I've noticed that only Toyota tailgates seem to be imblazed with the model instead of the make, are you a former Taco or Tundra owner? Why is Gladiator better than Jeep, every other Jeep truck made has had Jeep across the tailgate.

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
I can tell ya this, if they had done “Jeep” in bigger letters, or Embossed like they did on the Comanche I wouldn’t have messed with it.