First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
@Diode Dynamics Are the "base" pods the same, and just different lenses for different patterns?
Hey there!

Are you referring to the SS5 Sport as the base level?

The SS5 Sport and SS5 Pro use the same housing and lenses. It's the internal components that change if that helps!
Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
Hey there!

Are you referring to the SS5 Sport as the base level?

The SS5 Sport and SS5 Pro use the same housing and lenses. It's the internal components that change if that helps!
Sorry, my question wasn't very clear! What I meant was, if you buy an SS5 Pro, for example, with the Driving configuration can you switch it to Flood, etc by changing the lens, or is it a completely different unit?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, my question wasn't very clear! What I meant was, if you buy an SS5 Pro, for example, with the Driving configuration can you switch it to Flood, etc by changing the lens, or is it a completely different unit?

Thanks!
All Stage Series LED Pods include interchangeable TIR optics. You can absolutely interchange the lens patterns to your preference!

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
All Stage Series LED Pods include interchangeable TIR optics. You can absolutely interchange the lens patterns to your preference!

Awesome, thanks! I saw the SS3 lenses but I completely overlooked the SS5 ones (I just found the right link 🤦‍♂️)

I'm looking forward to the BF/CM sale coming up and will absolutely be ordering a pair of the Pros. One last question for you before I do. I am looking for an amber light for driving in fog/snow on the highway. I know not all the patterns on the SS5 are SAE, but let's pretend there are no other cars on the road and I just need the best pattern for that use case: what would you recommend? Driving speed would be 30-60 MPH most likely.

Also, I would be installing these at grill level, just above my winch (see my profile pic- the light tabs are on the bar, but no lights yet!). Almost the same level as my headlights.

Or, if you think I'm thinking about it completely wrong and you have another suggestion I'd be open to it!

Thanks again

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thanks! I saw the SS3 lenses but I completely overlooked the SS5 ones (I just found the right link 🤦‍♂️)

I'm looking forward to the BF/CM sale coming up and will absolutely be ordering a pair of the Pros. One last question for you before I do. I am looking for an amber light for driving in fog/snow on the highway. I know not all the patterns on the SS5 are SAE, but let's pretend there are no other cars on the road and I just need the best pattern for that use case: what would you recommend? Driving speed would be 30-60 MPH most likely.

Also, I would be installing these at grill level, just above my winch (see my profile pic- the light tabs are on the bar, but no lights yet!). Almost the same level as my headlights.

Or, if you think I'm thinking about it completely wrong and you have another suggestion I'd be open to it!

Thanks again
Unfortunately, due to the power of the SS5 Sport or Pro. They're not legal for use on-road.

However, here is a better explanation of each beam pattern and which suits your needs!

Driving is great for general illumination at speed. Rather than a traditional "spot" pattern, the Stage Series Driving pattern shines in a 30x20 degree spread, providing just enough width to fully illuminate the road ahead at high speeds, but still staying focused to avoid too much foreground light. Although the SS5 Driving is too bright to be considered an SAE Auxiliary High Beam, it is perfect for an extra boost of light at speed.

Combo pattern combines both the Driving and Flood optics, perfect for all-around use. It shines light downrange in a focused 30x20 Driving beam to punch with distance, and fills in the surrounding area to create a full 70x30 degree pattern. With a row of driving optics in the middle, and a flood optic on the top and bottom, this has been designed to provide extra light for every situation.

Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 70x55 degree spread of light. Unlike generic "flood" lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout. It is perfect for lighting up anything at low speeds, or for trailers and worksites.

Spot is an unmodified pattern, shining light directly from the TIR optic. The result is a highly focused 15-degree beam of light, perfect for directing light far into the distance. With an incredible output of 406,000 candela, the SS5 Sport shines a mile away (ÂĽ lux). NOTE: The Pro Spot uses a larger LED emitter, which spreads the light output into a 20-degree pattern. Although the Pro has much more raw output, the larger beam pattern results in slightly lower total intensity.

Jeep Gladiator THE WAIT IS OVER...THE SS5 LED IS HERE | Diode Dynamics 1668010222038

25b6.png
Spot: Perfect for directing light far into the distance.
25b6.png
Flood: Perfect for lighting up anything at low speeds, or for trailers and worksites.
25b6.png
Driving: Great for general illumination at speed.
25b6.png
Combo: Great for providing extra light for every situation, combining both Driving and Flood optics.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
The driving beam is amazing.......great combination of distance and wide enough to cover both sides of the road.

I'm a former Baja Designs and Rigid fan boy.........everything on my '23 JTM is DD.

Also, their customer service is flipping amazing. Every time I have called their customer service line, its been a real person who actually knows the product; all of the Reps I have spoken with have been automotive enthusiast too.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The driving beam is amazing.......great combination of distance and wide enough to cover both sides of the road.

I'm a former Baja Designs and Rigid fan boy.........everything on my '23 JTM is DD.

Also, their customer service is flipping amazing. Every time I have called their customer service line, its been a real person who actually knows the product; all of the Reps I have spoken with have been automotive enthusiast too.
Thanks! I was leaning toward the driving or combo... I'll start with the driving lens

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate all your help! You guys might want to update your website, this page says the SS5 is SAE compliant in Driving and Fog configurations:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/off-road-auxiliary-led/led-pods.html

Or, does SAE compliant not necessarily mean on-road? I may be confused :)
Ah! Thank you for catching this description update.

Previously:
"Engineered for both on road use and for use as off road lights, the fog and driving beam patterns are SAE compliant as foglamps or auxiliary high beams. You can easily mount these pods onto any vehicle using the included mounting brackets or flush mounts. We also offer plug-and-play SAE-compliant fog light kits and bolt-on ditch light bracket kits for 100+ applications!"

Updated:
Engineered for both on-road use and for use as off road lights, the fog and driving beam patterns in our SSC1, SSC2, and SS3 LED pods are SAE-compliant as foglamps or auxiliary high beams.

Thank you!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
C8UT5eA.jpg

Our Black Friday Sale is LIVE! 🚨 Visit the website for our BIGGEST savings ever!​

➡ 20% OFF Sitewide
➡ 30% OFF Stage Series Single-Row Lightbars
➡ 15% OFF Elite Series Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any order with a HitchMount LED Pod, or orders over $300.

No coupon code is required.

Click HERE to shop!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, 11/29/2022. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.​

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
nkFKGOa.jpg

Our BIGGEST and FINAL sale of the year ends tomorrow 11/29 at 11:59 pm CST!

➡ 20% OFF Sitewide
➡ 30% OFF Stage Series Single-Row Lightbars
➡ 15% OFF Elite Series Headlights
➡ Plus, orders over $300 receive free US shipping!

Excluded Products:
➡ Hitch Mount LED Pods (Includes free US shipping)

CLICK HERE TO SHOP!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on Tuesday, 11/29/2022. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Gh4Zcw4.jpg

Our Spring Sale is LIVE! 🚨 Visit our website to SAVE!

➡ Up to 15% OFF All Lighting Upgrades
➡ 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
➡ 10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any order over $300!

Click HERE to shop your ride!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday, 3/13/2023. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes. Excludes items with pre-order status.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)

⌛THE CLOCK IS TICKING... ⌛

NOW
is your chance to SAVE up to 15% sitewide on your favorite Diode Dynamics LED lighting products.

➡ Up to 15% OFF LED Lighting Upgrades
➡ 15% OFF Stage Series Rock Lights & HitchMount LED Pods
➡ 10% OFF Elite Series JL/JT Headlights
➡ Free US Shipping on any order over $300!

CLICK HERE TO SHOP NOW

qD4beIR.jpg

Did you know?
You can find all of the products we offer for your vehicle using our vehicle finder tool! Simply enter the year, make, and model.

SALE EXPIRES 11:59 P.M. MONDAY, MARCH 13TH, 2023.

Discounts cannot be combined with other offers or any previous orders. Excludes items with pre-order status.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)

One unique feature of our Stage Series 5" LED Pods is the eight-color selectable backlight. In today's video, we explain what a backlight is, how it is controlled, and how to select what color you would like.

The backlight is perfect for extra styling, or for more visibility when you’re not using the main beam. Unlike other pods on the market, the SS5's backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing unique accent lighting.