Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
If we're making this about personal preferences then I'll just say that my personal choice is to drop the phone in the key fob recess between the cup holders, plug in, and let Android Auto use the 8.4" display that Jeep gave me.

I can do everything I need to do from there. Touchscreen and hands free voice commands.
Sponsored

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
If we're making this about personal preferences then I'll just say that my personal choice is to drop the phone in the key fob recess between the cup holders, plug in, and let Android Auto use the 8.4" display that Jeep gave me.

I can do everything I need to do from there. Touchscreen and hands free voice commands.
This. If I am on a general road trip I do have a phone mount on the dash but I just use Android Auto for Google Maps, Audible, Google Podcast, etc...

Now - when I'm on the trail, my tablet is mounted above and between my steering wheel and the radio so that I can run Gaia GPS on it and leave the stock radio to Sirius XM / phone calls.

Anyway - I use a magnet mount in my SS Camaro and it works fine. I use Bulletpoint mounts in my truck though so that things are mounted solid, and I have great flexibility on where and how to position things...(phone, handheld radio, camera, tablet...)

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition

Sponsored

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon

I thought that spot was for the phone, not the keyfob. :O

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I tend to agree on the magnet thoughts.

I also like the cmmoffroad mounts. I just put one in for my iPad nav system.....

Jeep Gladiator There's a Clever Phone Mount 0A161DAF-DACB-4D08-9D8B-B1308B416675

Jeep Gladiator There's a Clever Phone Mount 0A161DAF-DACB-4D08-9D8B-B1308B416675
How have you been able to keep it from not trying to strip out the plastic on yours? I got one and with just my phone it moves. I travel on quite a few "roads" that are worse than some rated trails. Heck my driveway could almost have a trail rating. :giggle:

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
How have you been able to keep it from not trying to strip out the plastic on yours? I got one and with just my phone it moves. I travel on quite a few "roads" that are worse than some rated trails. Heck my driveway could almost have a trail rating. :giggle:
I haven't had any problems as of yet....fingers crossed..... :)

Sponsored

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I love my Rubigrid from Bulletpoint, but this seems like a STEAL at $45.
Been looking at the Rubigrid but don’t like all the slots for stuff to fall in between and rattle. Is that something you’ve experienced or am I over thinking it?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
There needs to be more mounting options!!!! :LOL:

I have a rubigrid on the dash for my phone and gopro. Have a radio handset holder on the left side of the grab bar and a CMM phone mount on the right side (need to get a tablet RAM mount). And finally, I have the phone/cupholder mount above the handset. The cupholders end up holding a drink and a DSLR.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Been looking at the Rubigrid but don’t like all the slots for stuff to fall in between and rattle. Is that something you’ve experienced or am I over thinking it?
unless you put a bunch of little crap up on your dash, it isn't a problem. We have a few ducks up there. they do not fall down the grates to where Pennywise lives.

ThatGuyBigNick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I think you're overthinking it. I have 2 phone mounts on either side and the couple of ducks my wife like stay in between them. Never dropped anything through there.

NeatFreq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Writer, Sole Proprietor, Marketing Lead, Quality Assurance.
I prefer the grab bar mount as well.
Jeep Gladiator There's a Clever Phone Mount bulletpoint
Sponsored