• Thread starter Deleted member 31576
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
First, you do realize that is front only, correct?
It is not a complete lift kit and more of an involved leveling kit.

Second, you can run OEM wheels and tires on any lift. The wheel wells will look huge but you aren't hurting anything.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I thought I would run stock tires after lifting until they wore out. I was wrong haha One thing led to another and now I’m a few thousand poorer.

To answer your question, I would not lift the front 2.5 inches alone. It would set you up to be riding nose high. I measured mine as just under 2 from the factory. I did a lift kit that added 3.5 front and 2 inches rear and I’m 1/4 inch higher in rear now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Deleted member 31576

First, you do realize that is front only, correct?
It is not a complete lift kit and more of an involved leveling kit.

Second, you can run OEM wheels and tires on any lift. The wheel wells will look huge but you aren't hurting anything.
thanks.

Sponsored

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If I can tell from your profile it looks like you have an overland? If so, 2.5” is probably too much. Especially if you want to keep stock tires for a while. You’ll
Just end up wanting to put tires on in within a couple weeks of the lift being done. If you know you can’t do tires just go with something simple like this and do a proper lift (never rough country) with wheels and tires when you’re ready.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/daystar/15-spacer-leveling-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl

FWIW, here’s my sport with the full Mopar lift right after installing it On stock tires. New tires got put on the next day. Looks pretty funny with that much lift and stock tires.

060EB192-894A-4101-8FC6-AD8FF18E8B6E.jpeg

OP
OP

Deleted member 31576

If I can tell from your profile it looks like you have an overland? If so, 2.5” is probably too much. Especially if you want to keep stock tires for a while. You’ll
Just end up wanting to put tires on in within a couple weeks of the lift being done. If you know you can’t do tires just go with something simple like this and do a proper lift (never rough country) with wheels and tires when you’re ready.

FWIW, here’s my sport with the full Mopar lift right after installing it On stock tires. New tires got put on the next day. Looks pretty funny with that much lift and stock tires.

Jeep Gladiator Thinking about this lift, questions.. 060EB192-894A-4101-8FC6-AD8FF18E8B6E
Yeah I have the overland.

this is going to be my wife’s daily driver with very little off road - except for dirt roads and small trails. Nothing at all what it’s made for unfortunately.

we are going to do 275 or 285 70 18s. We would like to keep the stock wheels, she likes them a lot.

we just want to get rid of the front rake but keep the ride quality and stay as close to the stock gas mileage as possible.

so basically, level out the truck,more aggressive tire look, keep ride quality and gas mileage as close to stock as possible.

thanks for the info and response.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer

this is going to be my wife’s daily driver with very little off road - except for dirt roads and small trails. Nothing at all what it’s made for unfortunately.

we are going to do 275 or 285 70 18s. We would like to keep the stock wheels, she likes them a lot.

we just want to get rid of the front rake but keep the ride quality and stay as close to the stock gas mileage as possible.

so basically, level out the truck,more aggressive tire look, keep ride quality and gas mileage as close to stock as possible.

If that’s all you want then I’d stick around the 1.5” range. The 285/70-18 is a perfect size for that while keeping the stock wheel.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

060EB192-894A-4101-8FC6-AD8FF18E8B6E.jpeg
Stop bad mouthing RC. I had my 2.5" RC lift on my JL for two years no issues and now a 3.5" ony JT. Nonsense

OP
OP

Deleted member 31576

If that’s all you want then I’d stick around the 1.5” range. The 285/70-18 is a perfect size for that while keeping the stock wheel.
will that tire effect gas mileage?

Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

Check out the Teraflex 1.5 kit. It will eliminate your rake and look good with 285/70/17 on your stock wheels. There are several threads around here showing what this setup looks like.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
will that tire effect gas mileage?
Any larger tire will, but it really shouldn’t too much. Just make sure you have a way to reprogram for the larger size.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Stop bad mouthing RC. I had my 2.5" RC lift on my JL for two years no issues and now a 3.5" ony JT. Nonsense
And I made it through High School without becoming a father using the "cross your fingers & pray" method of birth control. Doesn't mean it was proper birth control just because it worked for me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30519

And I made it through High School without becoming a father using the "cross your fingers & pray" method of birth control. Doesn't mean it was proper birth control just because it worked for me.
Dude that's the dumbest analogy I've ever heard in my life. Just stop bad-mouthing people's products. It's not right.
Sponsored