Sponsored

This dealer has their Gladiator priced at $70k...

Phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Hello,

Eventually, I'll be buying a rubicon gladiator. Every so often I check to see what the local dealers have on their lot. This beauty caught my attention. MSRP of $59k and they have it listed for close to $70k.

https://www.nylemaxwellcjd.com/inventory/1C6JJTBG4LL103946/

Granted it has a few upgrades (see below), but come on now! :facepalm: Basically an extra $10k for wheels and tires.

CERAMIC WINDOW TINT, SPRAY BEDLINER, BLACK RHINO 18" WHEELS, GENERAL GRABBER 35" TIRES**, Gladiator Rubicon, 4D Crew Cab, 4WD, Red Clearcoat, Black Leather.

SillyPriceJeep.JPG
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

Eventually, I'll be buying a rubicon gladiator. Every so often I check to see what the local dealers have on their lot. This beauty caught my attention. MSRP of $59k and they have it listed for close to $70k.

https://www.nylemaxwellcjd.com/inventory/1C6JJTBG4LL103946/

Granted it has a few upgrades (see below), but come on now! :facepalm: Basically an extra $10k for wheels and tires.

CERAMIC WINDOW TINT, SPRAY BEDLINER, BLACK RHINO 18" WHEELS, GENERAL GRABBER 35" TIRES**, Gladiator Rubicon, 4D Crew Cab, 4WD, Red Clearcoat, Black Leather.

SillyPriceJeep.JPG
Seems as though some dealers want to be car museums by keeping later model vehicles for so long they become classics!

Seriously though, not all customers surf the forums to find their best deal. Dealers love impulse buyers. It's a nice rig and will sell to that customer who has to have it now. Then, sadly, that person will trip across this or some other forum and realize they paid more than they had to for not doing research on where to buy for way under invoice.

Then they'll start posting about a panel that's not straight or how the heated seats come on in the morning after leaving the gym automatically and how "dumb" the designers were for not giving them a way to "turn that feature off!" <-- hint turn off auto-climate control or how the floorboard cooks your foot when wearing an orthopedic shoe or the plywood won't fit in the bed or... All in an effort to get a buy back from FCA.

Another hint: if you're really upset about something the last place on earth you want to post things about your "legal" issue is on a public forum. Anything you write "can and will" be used against you.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Looks to be lifted too. Tired, wheels, lift kit, and install. Together probably run ya about $6k if you went high end of everything. $5k more to get it today and with no wait. Some will go for it. No one on this forum.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Most of the dealerships around here have that one or two overpriced modded vehicle for sale. They eventually move and replaced with a couple of more. Seems there is enough whales with fat wallets to be landed for those.

JeepFoxhound

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Most of the dealerships around here have that one or two overpriced modded vehicle for sale. They eventually move and replaced with a couple of more. Seems there is enough whales with fat wallets to be landed for those.

People got money to burn simple as that.....patience is a virtue.

Sponsored

Dooley the Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wranger, 2018 Honda Pilot, 2000 Honda VT1100
I read an MSN article today that said dealers are marking up Gladiators as much as $20,000.00 above MSRP. I have been waiting for them to be released since I saw the first concept in 2005, but I can tell you that I will not be ripped off. I don't need a Gladiator. I do need a truck. I will keep driving my '95 Wrangler and buy another brand truck before allowing myself to be gouged by an unscrupulous dealer. If they have no problem running the price up while selling a new truck, they will over charge in the shop as well.

OP
OP

Phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
How about a Sport S for $57k...

Saw this bad boy at South Point Dodge....

25C00673-1B3E-49BE-A758-3F1124E4EA13.jpeg

E9793EAE-3741-45EE-8FA5-299153E089E6.jpeg

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit