Sponsored

Thoughts, Cat-back exhaust = better mpg?

Red-Paint

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2019 RS3
Occupation
Contractor
This is incorrect.

There are multiple exhausts that make 10+lb/ft of tq through chunks of the rpm band on an otherwise stock truck on the market today. You wont ever see your money back on MPG difference, and any noise that results may or may not be worth it to you, but to say the stock exhaust is as efficient as others is incorrect.
KurtP And what will 10lb get you ? Nada People don't read this crap and buy something thinking it will help. It won't help us shove our brick through the air.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
KurtP And what will 10lb get you ? Nada People don't read this crap and buy something thinking it will help. It won't help us shove our brick through the air.
You’re free to move your goal posts to whatever place makes you feel comfortable.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Let me understand this correctly. You have a Jeep Gladiator and you want better gas mileage? :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:
Yep. I sure do. I want to try and get as many miles out of a tank as possible.

Not everyone here bro-dosers their jeep over rocks...some of us travel with them. Getting 20-21mpg on 37’s with a 4” lift is kind of nice for that.

Gr8ful

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland 2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Occupation
Professionally unemployed
I can confirm no noticeable increase. I installed the Magnaflow cat back duals about 1200 miles ago. Great sound and a little better throttle response. No mpg change. I am at 22.5 constantly.
I did the exhaust to make the Jeep sound better.

20210412_144144.jpg

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I can confirm no noticeable increase. I installed the Magnaflow cat back duals about 1200 miles ago. Great sound and a little better throttle response. No mpg change. I am at 22.5 constantly.
I did the exhaust to make the Jeep sound better.

20210412_144144.jpg
Im getting a mpg shy of that with 4.88’s, 4” of lift, and 37’s.

🤷🏼‍♂️

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
i didn't notice a difference. But louder muffler's sound cool so its counteractive!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
i didn't notice a difference. But louder muffler's sound cool so its counteractive!
Sounds so good, I want to have my foot in it.

Fuck it, smiles per gallon

tastetickles

First Name
Yik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JT
Occupation
IT guy
Don’t know much about the 3.6 pentastar but after fooling around with different branded exhaust systems that claims blaa blaa on my sti and RX8. My conclusion is they shift the power band of the engine vs efficiency at full throttle which normal drivers do not spend much time at. As for sound, I have never had any exhaust that truly doesn’t drone somewhat unless you get something that satisfies JASMA spec which makes the exhaust quieter than stock.

The design of the original exhaust system is pretty good imo. The only significant power the butt dyno can detect is probably a decat with an engine retune to extract the last potential but that’s not carb legal. But u know, we do these mods for fun and stuff sometimes.
Sponsored