Spielightdude

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra, 2016 Corolla
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if the three piece hard top if anyone has had any issues with it leaking?
Also does the hard top insulator panel thats an opinion help with keeping heat in, aside from added weight whats the purpose of it?
I am two years out from buying but researching and looking at a gladiator rubicon vs a toyota Tacoma trd offroad or pro. However i really like the idea of a convertible truck.
I would ordered with a hard top and go aftermarket soft top.

Thanks everyone,

Joe
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone,
I am wondering if the three piece hard top if anyone has had any issues with it leaking?
Also does the hard top insulator panel thats an opinion help with keeping heat in, aside from added weight whats the purpose of it?
I am two years out from buying but researching and looking at a gladiator rubicon vs a toyota Tacoma trd offroad or pro. However i really like the idea of a convertible truck.
I would ordered with a hard top and go aftermarket soft top.

Thanks everyone,

Joe
I've had no issues with leaks. The Hotheads headliner is better and less expensive than the factory option. It can also be ordered with sound deadening. The headliner is an insulation package.

bluedevil1

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2005 F250 Diesel
Occupation
Educator
Vehicle Showcase
I have had no leaks yet, but it doesn't rain much here either. My previous JKU had never leaked, but I was parked at a funky angle in Seattle a couple years back during a thunderstorm and came back to small puddle on the driver side mat. No biggie...it's a Jeep! In July with the top and doors off, an occasional leak will be the farthest from your mind! But like I said, not everyone develops a leak, and mine never came back.

As for the headliner option, this is the first Jeep I've had with one. It really hasn't made any difference for hot or cold, but MAY be a bit quieter? Certainly not worth the $555 it cost from the factory, but it was already on when I bought it. $555 for some fabric and a bit of glue? That would have paid for one of my wheels and tires!

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've had no leaks with my hard top.

Do yourself a favor and skip the Mopar headliner and go with Hotheads, or another aftermarket one. Much better value to be had there.

txn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1991 YJ, 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk
It rained for 3 weeks after we bought the gladiator. No leaks from any thing after removing and reinstalling everything as well. It’s well made.

Sponsored

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
As long as you can make sure you follow the owners manual exactly, that is them most important thing. Check all rubber seals to make sure they are not bent, defective or torn., and use black locking levers Good luck.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Jesus. Who the hell starts researching two years out? It’s completely asinine with how fast the auto industry is changing. There will be new offerings by then and tech has never changed at a faster rate. Complete waste of time.

Back on subject, mine has never leaked. My JKU hard top leaked from new and always got the occasional drips. Even after dealer visits.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spielightdude

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tundra, 2016 Corolla
As for the why research 2 years out. If I plan to spend 45-50k of my hard earned money and am debating between 2 brands and makes if it makes me crazy so be it, but I want to make a good informed decision and i research things long term to help for me to make a better decision. I don't just jump into things. I have some unique situations that being a vol first responder that most would never encounter nor would i hope they would! How often do you sit and let your car idle for depending on the call for me it could be 3-4 hours or at times upto 10-12 hours blocking roads and directing traffic.
I need a rig that can be used as my daily driver but also be reliable and always be there ready to roll when a call comes in.

Thank you all for the input it has been very helpful and very much appreciated.

Stay safe everyone!

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
No leaks here. I factory ordered before I heard of hot heads and went with the factory liners. I dont know if they were worth it but I feel like they cut down on the noise level.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
What is asinine is to call someone out for researching no matter what the timeline is. And if you do it, proof your response.

Your quote “It’s completely asinine with how fast the auto knows changing.” What the F does that mean? Oh wait, you are from NC.

Have you, NC_Oblunderland, ever researched anything beforehand, or do you Ben Affleck your way into everything....”wait, hold my beer while I does this....”. Oh you didn’t want my opinion. We didn’t want yours.
I’m not from North Carolina tard. “Auto industry is changing”. It’s well documented that the auto Industry is changing at a faster rate than ever before. Sorry for the auto correct. That never happens when posting on mobile...

Last edited: