First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubicon, '14 Viper GTS, '14 WRX, '14 S7
Occupation
patent attorney
So I had a Adaptive Cruise Control issue two weeks ago and it also triggered a throttle sensor code. Upon inspection at the dealer, they found the throttle body was "out of spec", so it's being replaced today. Anyone lese had this issue? Hoping my Pedal Commander had nothing to do with it...
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So I had a Adaptive Cruise Control issue two weeks ago and it also triggered a throttle sensor code. Upon inspection at the dealer, they found the throttle body was "out of spec", so it's being replaced today. Anyone lese had this issue? Hoping my Pedal Commander had nothing to do with it...
Doubtful - however, like said - remove it before the fix because if they test by using the pedal, they're going to see weird stuff and wonder............
Likely they checked right at the throttle body or found numbers in the PCM that didn't line up with specs, but I'd definitely unplug the PC.

OP
OP
rwesorick

rwesorick

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubicon, '14 Viper GTS, '14 WRX, '14 S7
Occupation
patent attorney
I didn't unplug it, but I did turn it off.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't unplug it, but I did turn it off.
Then it should have no impact on any testing they do. It can only "modify' the signal when on - otherwise it's just a pass-through.

Throttle bodies do have issues now and then, always have, since the early days, so it's not a shock or totally out of the realm of possibilities that yours was simply out of spec and needs to be replaced. They are electro-mechanical devices, after all.
Sponsored