Tire pressure gauge

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Can someone recommend a good tire pressure gauge. I have 2-3 cheap ones I picked up at Auto Zone. All three have different pressures when I check the same tire. And they are all different than what the TPMS is reading, so I don't know which one is correct.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wchevron

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
Thanks

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
My certified tire pressure gauge is usually 2 -3 lbs off from whatever the TPMS reads. However both the TPMS and the gauge read exactly the same difference when measuring so that tells me they are still accurate as far the reading goes. It’s just the setting on either that is different.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking for a good tire pressure gauge and recently discovered this inflater.

The way it attaches to the valve stem is FLAWLESS. It slides on and doesn't release or leak until you press the release button. I can't even begin to express how happy I am with this system.

Then I discovered that it works equally well as just a gauge when not connected to a compressor. So I bought another one to keep in my truck.

I've already used it at a gas station while traveling. I replaced their crappy chuck with this and inflated the tire perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C25C4CQ

This is the v2.0 version. The first version looks very similar. It's got a braided steel fill line but it reads in 1/2 psi increments. The v2.0 reads in 0.1 psi increments.

I actually have both and both are great.

I seriously can't recommend them enough. The head that attaches it to the valve stem is just genius. I gave one to my dad to use with his race car and he also bought a second to keep in his tow vehicle.

Yes, made in China. But it has a great warranty and based on others' reviews, they are very responsive if you have a problem. My two gauges read within 0.2 psi of each other and within about 1 psi of my TPMS system. Good enough.

The chuck is magical

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I've been looking for a good tire pressure gauge and recently discovered this inflater.

The way it attaches to the valve stem is FLAWLESS. It slides on and doesn't release or leak until you press the release button. I can't even begin to express how happy I am with this system.

Then I discovered that it works equally well as just a gauge when not connected to a compressor. So I bought another one to keep in my truck.

I've already used it at a gas station while traveling. I replaced their crappy chuck with this and inflated the tire perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C25C4CQ

This is the v2.0 version. The first version looks very similar. It's got a braided steel fill line but it reads in 1/2 psi increments. The v2.0 reads in 0.1 psi increments.

I actually have both and both are great.

I seriously can't recommend them enough. The head that attaches it to the valve stem is just genius. I gave one to my dad to use with his race car and he also bought a second to keep in his tow vehicle.

Yes, made in China. But it has a great warranty and based on others' reviews, they are very responsive if you have a problem. My two gauges read within 0.2 psi of each other and within about 1 psi of my TPMS system. Good enough.

The chuck is magical
I have this one and it typically reads 2lbs off of the TPMS on the Jeep, but matches on the Subaru.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have this one and it typically reads 2lbs off of the TPMS on the Jeep, but matches on the Subaru.
Interesting. As long as it's consistent then all is good.

I was pretty happy to find that when I inflated my tires to exactly the same pressure, all the TPMS matched pretty well. If one of the TPMS sensors was off from the others it would drive me nuts. Ha.

How is your experience with the inflator. That chuck is the balls. ha. Seriously, some tool purchases bring me joy when they work exactly as advertised. The chuck on this thing makes me giddy. ha. No I'm not normal.

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Interesting. As long as it's consistent then all is good.

I was pretty happy to find that when I inflated my tires to exactly the same pressure, all the TPMS matched pretty well. If one of the TPMS sensors was off from the others it would drive me nuts. Ha.

How is your experience with the inflator. That chuck is the balls. ha. Seriously, some tool purchases bring me joy when they work exactly as advertised. The chuck on this thing makes me giddy. ha. No I'm not normal.
I love it. Way better all in one.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually I may have misspoke.
I have this one according to Amazon.

JACO FlowPro Tire Inflator with Pressure Gauge - 100 PSI https://a.co/d/gKpzEWB
Well the key factor that I'm curious about as far as your opinion is the chuck. Which that one seems to have.

Mine is digital and the gauge is fine. But it's the chuck that blows my mind. Ha.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Well the key factor that I'm curious about as far as your opinion is the chuck. Which that one seems to have.

Mine is digital and the gauge is fine. But it's the chuck that blows my mind. Ha.
Not sure I follow, but it's been working fine for me.
I had another one of them 9.5% beers, so you may have to spell it out for me. 😂

Curt Oz

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired

OM Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Jeep Soon
So when I want my tire pressure to be 35 psi, do I trust my TPMS or a tire gauge, if they read different?

jerjon

First Name
JimmyJones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave, LJ, TJ, SuperTrooper
Occupation
Magician
So when I want my tire pressure to be 35 psi, do I trust my TPMS or a tire gauge, if they read different?
I find that the TPMS reads 2 lbs high. I have a Jaco and a few other gauges.. also I park facing east west.. and the southern exposed tires are 1 psi higher
Sponsored