Tired or waiting for Fox ats stabilizer

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
I’m fighting some new death wobble. Everything is checking out.

Tires balanced check
Balls joints check
Lift angles check
New synergy hd tie rod check
Synergy hd drag link on order

I’ve been waiting on a Fox ats 2.0 stabilizer forever. Numerous issues with mounting with my metalcloak diff skids

I’m now looking at a falcon 2.2 setup. It appears I can get the JK version with the Synergy clamp with some modifications to the mounting hole.

Anyone with MC diff skids what did you do with upgraded stabilizer?
Sponsored

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
When you say lift angles, are you saying your alignment is correct, including caster and thrust?

Are there no wallowed holes and everything is torqued to spec?

A new stabilizer will not fix DW it will just hide it. Whatever the issue is, will simply get worse if you pretend it doesn't exist by masking it with a different stabilizer.

I've been running for 5 years without a stabilizer on my JK with no issues. 7 months on my JT without, no issues.

Stabilizers do not fix or cause DW.

OP
OP

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Yes I know. All angles are correct and there does not appear to be holes wallored out.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Yes I know. All angles are correct and there does not appear to be holes wallored out.
Just making sure.

Regardless, Stabilizer will not fix it. Might need the TSB done, seems like many who are getting issues with wobble are stating its DW while it isn't, and are mistaking it for the steering box becoming more loose.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I’ve been waiting on a Fox ats 2.0 stabilizer forever. Numerous issues with mounting with my metalcloak diff skids
Can you elaborate on this? Which one are you having issues with because I have that diff cover sitting in my garage awaiting steering arms and was also planning on the Fox TS or ATS.

Sponsored

OP
OP

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Can you elaborate on this? Which one are you having issues with because I have that diff cover sitting in my garage awaiting steering arms and was also planning on the Fox TS or ATS.
Fox 983-02-148

The diff side bracket won’t mount to a diff that has the Metalcloak diff skid.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Well shit then. I'm assuming that's with the flip so the stabilizer is on top or is that with the stablizer underneath?

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Seems DW is caused 75% of the time by track bar being loose or worn or 25% of the time ball joints. Or both! :)

I went through 3 track bars on my JKU. The bushing would get worn and the right bump or railroad track would have things get crazy.

OP
OP

five0.4tluv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gobi JTR and '17 JKU
Stabilizer on top. I think I’m going with the Falcon EF 2.2 (JK model) with their new 1.5” clamp.

3AE6B1B4-A235-4260-8F8F-9CB3BF6C9F85.jpeg

5D23FCDF-2DAC-46A2-8EF2-9A9340E395D9.jpeg

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Yeah I just realized I was all kinds of lost but I think I'm back on track now... didn't realize the ATS had such a weird mounting. So I'm guessing the issue is that since it mounts to the axle housing in the middle, the bar hits the diff cover? It looks to me like the TS would do just fine since that still mounts to a mostly factory location but you clearly lose the adjustability... guess that's going to be my solution.

Otherwise I think any that goes on the tie rod would work ok... Only thing that comes to mind for me is that the Metalcloak tie rod is dog-legged a couple inches forward so there appears to be a ton more clearance than Synergy has.
Sponsored