Sponsored

Tires for stock Overland?

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
This may be an overdone thread, sorry if it is! I did a search but a lot of what I found was older posts.
I have a stock 2021 Overland JT. No lift, with whatever tires came with it from the dealership. I believe they are all terrain.

I want a more aggressive look that you see on almost every Jeep lol. The tires that are on it right now are very smooth with basic tread. And being a new Jeep owner, I am overwhelmed with the options lol. I mainly do city driving with occasional small off-road trips. I don't plan on doing any heavy trailing or mudding. Also the weather here can be pretty wet, and I've read that big heavy tread tires can slide in the rain. I do not want that! So can anyone point me in the direction of a good all-terrain tire with a more aggressive look? Also, can I get 35'
s without a lift? Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
I think you have Bridgestone Dueler H/T stock.

Try the Dueler A/T, which have a little more aggressive tread pattern.

80th Anniversary JT's like mine came with those tires stock on the same 18" wheels.

Maybe swap with someone here or find a set in the classifieds cheap.

Tallest tire possible on the stock rim is 34".

I believe you can do 35's without a lift, but it will rub the inner fenders offroading.

Last edited:

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have Goodyear Wrangler duratrack MT's they are good on hwy and off road, they are 33's but could go up to 35's without lift as long as you do not go heavy off-roading as it might rub on overland fenders.....lots of options out there, I hear Milestar Patagonia's are decent, but not sure about hwy/ street comfort wise.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Overland, no real lift, stock wheels - General A/TX tires - Love 'em
Great in rain, very easily balanced (my neighbor bought General tires for his classic car and it took almost no weights to balance his tires)

Just an idea, option, whatever.

Jeep Gladiator Tires for stock Overland? 20210829_front-bumper

Jeep Gladiator Tires for stock Overland? 20210518_144805_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Tires for stock Overland? 20210518_145012_HDR

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Overland, no real lift, stock wheels - General A/TX tires - Love 'em
Great in rain, very easily balanced (my neighbor bought General tires for his classic car and it took almost no weights to balance his tires)

Just an idea, option, whatever.

Oh I like those! Looks like we almost have the same truck lol. What size are they? Also what is that thing on your front bumper? Looks like the stock bumper but..I don't have that guard on top.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Go on CL or other selling sites and look for Rubicon or Mojave take offs. Plenty out there.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Searched a bunch before going the route I did.
295/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs on Overland wheels. Fit fine with no lift. No rubbing etc. I ended up adding rubicon take off and teraflex leveling kit. Only for aesthetic purposes only.

First pic is before and after with total stock suspension only adding the tires. Second is after adding the rubicon suspension. Third is adding the leveling kit. Again going with 295/70/18s you’ll be fine. Or even 285/75/18s which are a tad bit taller but narrower. I split the difference and chose the 295s and am happy. I’m primarily a city driver and the Coopers are amazing and super quiet. Yet can still handle an off road situation.

Jeep Gladiator Tires for stock Overland? 6CC2DB23-B59E-403B-BAD1-4F5B2DB431C1

Jeep Gladiator Tires for stock Overland? C0E7E070-C865-4DBA-9C20-45051B22AFAE

Jeep Gladiator Tires for stock Overland? 77D6C50B-5CDB-44F6-8F1C-139317D72D3A

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I like those! Looks like we almost have the same truck lol. What size are they? Also what is that thing on your front bumper? Looks like the stock bumper but..I don't have that guard on top.
The bumper is a Steel Rubicon-type bumper I bought off eBay. The bar came with the steel bumper. It's an almost exact copy of the MOPAR steel Rubicon bumper.
I put a winch in mine so did install the bar as sort of a protection for the top of the winch where the electrics are.

The tires are General Grabber A/TX 275/65R18
I purposely went with the stock diameter tires as I tow and didn't want to have larger diameter tires on while towing which with the Overland 3.73 differential gear ratio would have made it just a bit tougher towing.
In the future since I've seen how well this does it's possible I'll go a notch larger in tire diameter, maybe.
I also chose tire size to fit my driving needs - keep mpg as much as I could, etc.
I don't have and tough trails, no rocks to crawl over here and didn't feel the need to brag by installing taller tires than I actually need for my purposes.
Taste vs. looks/appearance vs. what I really NEEDED and what I DO with the truck.
They are very good for comfort, not loud, do great in torrential rains and all reviews say they are among the tops in snow conditions.

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Searched a bunch before going the route I did.
295/70/18 Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs on Overland wheels. Fit fine with no lift. No rubbing etc. I ended up adding rubicon take off and teraflex leveling kit. Only for aesthetic purposes only.

First pic is before and after with total stock suspension only adding the tires. Second is after adding the rubicon suspension. Third is adding the leveling kit. Again going with 295/70/18s you’ll be fine. Or even 285/75/18s which are a tad bit taller but narrower. I split the difference and chose the 295s and am happy. I’m primarily a city driver and the Coopers are amazing and super quiet. Yet can still handle an off road situation.

Ok I love those. May be the ones I get. Thank you for sharing! Generally how much is it to get a lift?

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If you’re near DE I have a set of 285/75/17 yokohama g015s on rubicon rims im looking to sell.

id trade them to ya for yours and a little $

OP
OP
ShelbyDee

ShelbyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
If you’re near DE I have a set of 285/75/17 yokohama g015s on rubicon rims im looking to sell.

id trade them to ya for yours and a little $
I'm in Southern Texas :/ lol otherwise I probably would!
Sponsored