Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
I got my truss from Artec. I have only one concern about installing it. I have no problem welding it on and even welding it to the cast center section that’s all easy.

I just don’t want to damage the internal components by preheating the center section to 400 degrees. Has any one done this with out damaging the internals or disassembling the axle?
Sponsored

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I got my truss from Artec. I have only one concern about installing it. I have no problem welding it on and even welding it to the cast center section that’s all easy.

I just don’t want to damage the internal components by preheating the center section to 400 degrees. Has any one done this with out damaging the internals or disassembling the axle?
When my TJs rear Dana 44 was trussed, it happened with the housing empty.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
When my TJs rear Dana 44 was trussed, it happened with the housing empty.
Yeah I talked to Corbyn from Artec a bit today. He recommends stripping the axle down which I knew already is the best way.

He did say it should be ok to preheat and weld with the axle fully assembled as long as your careful to make sure to only heat the area where the welding will take place. He has done two trusses that way and everything turned out fine. I have confidence in my skills so I will most likely end up doing it that way.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I talked to Corbyn from Artec a bit today. He recommends stripping the axle down which I knew already is the best way.

He did say it should be ok to preheat and weld with the axle fully assembled as long as your careful to make sure to only heat the area where the welding will take place. He has done two trusses that way and everything turned out fine. I have confidence in my skills so I will most likely end up doing it that way.
I will look forward to hearing how your axle housing stands up to crawling with the truss installed. Keep us posted!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Got my Auxbeam pods and 12” light bar installed. The 12” light bar on the bumper is wired into the factory fog light switch and the pods are controlled by a remote key fob. Full video detailing the install and showing beam patterns coming soon.

FF7FBF0D-AFAB-4488-9DF1-9E8C9D641453.jpeg

2D3C13EE-8714-41BC-963F-53CE560D6777.jpeg

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the Blazer kit at AutoZone and I cannot get it to turn on. It only worked one time. After this weekend's run, I will need to take a look at another option such as this one.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought the Blazer kit at AutoZone and I cannot get it to turn on. It only worked one time. After this weekend's run, I will need to take a look at another option such as this one.
It now works.. Not exactly sure what caused the unit to not work earlier.

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
I finally got some lights installed. Two pods and one 12” light bar. I used two different wiring methods. One I tied into the factory fog light button and the other uses a wireless key fob which is pretty cool I think.

Light Install

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
Got my MOLLE panels from Invictus Offroad mounted. Now I need to figure out where to mount everything. Full install and review video coming to the YouTube channel soon.

3E9FA273-9A09-4D54-983F-503491C5D73F.jpeg

96090E5F-3CB0-4171-A815-B241819FFEB0.jpeg

786741A4-BE73-48C0-A8D1-EE64B7ECF3FA.jpeg

92C336FE-F158-4960-9699-2E2A2A91EB4C.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
I finished installing the last pair of adjustable control arms from Synergy MFG that I needed. I now have all the control arms replaced. In this video I show the install and talk about what makes Synergy's control arms so nice. This video will go live on 2/5 @ 1 PM PST.
Adjustable Control Arms From Synergy MFG

Last edited: