Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Took delivery yesterday, Tuesday, 11/12 at about 6 pm (drove it home in the dark during rush)
Less than a month after I ordered it on 10/17. Thrilled to say the least.

Gutsy little truck - HEAVY traffic at the tail of rush time on the west side of Des Moines - I 35 was packed all lanes - gave it "a little gas" to merge onto I 35 to head home and it lurched forward setting me back in the seat - suddenly I was ahead of the cars coming up behind and I was on my way. Wow, spunky little thing. Brakes - don't push them as hard as you do with our other vehicles or you'll fold the windshield down with your face if not strapped in. Brakes work fine.

It's too long for my garage - I have my WJ and Javelin and lawn tractor end-to-end on one side, my wife's Grand Cherokee on the other along with my antique engine collection. So baby has to sit under the lean-to of my shop. I have plans to get the lean-to enclosed next spring so I'll have inside storage for it eventually.

Got a lighter car trailer to go with the lighter duty truck - sort of wish I'd have gone Rubicon now and picked up another thousand pounds of towing but I think/hope it will handle 5,000 pounds ok.

Bummer - drats - all of my errands are run and I have no place I need to go, and no need to haul anything for a while!
Does anyone need anything picked up at the store?

Taking pictures brought up a couple of things I will have to ask the good folks here - the gap up front appears to be large enough the front tires are going to toss crap out over the bumper - and, need to find great "slash guards" for the rear end. In the bottom pic you can see where the right tire tossed sand and stuff onto the top of the front bumper. Is there a discussion of that anywhere here?

jt-seats.jpg
JT-tail.jpg
jt-trailer.jpg
jt-dash.jpg
JT-lf.jpg
jt-r.jpg
jt-rf.jpg

Gladiator.jpg

Sponsored

Butch2020JT

First Name
Walter akaButch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator (Ordered 9/20)
Occupation
Photographer
Took delivery yesterday, Tuesday, 11/12 at about 6 pm (drove it home in the dark during rush)
Less than a month after I ordered it on 10/17. Thrilled to say the least.

Gutsy little truck - HEAVY traffic at the tail of rush time on the west side of Des Moines - I 35 was packed all lanes - gave it "a little gas" to merge onto I 35 to head home and it lurched forward setting me back in the seat - suddenly I was ahead of the cars coming up behind and I was on my way. Wow, spunky little thing. Brakes - don't push them as hard as you do with our other vehicles or you'll fold the windshield down with your face if not strapped in. Brakes work fine.

It's too long for my garage - I have my WJ and Javelin and lawn tractor end-to-end on one side, my wife's Grand Cherokee on the other along with my antique engine collection. So baby has to sit under the lean-to of my shop. I have plans to get the lean-to enclosed next spring so I'll have inside storage for it eventually.

Got a lighter car trailer to go with the lighter duty truck - sort of wish I'd have gone Rubicon now and picked up another thousand pounds of towing but I think/hope it will handle 5,000 pounds ok.

Bummer - drats - all of my errands are run and I have no place I need to go, and no need to haul anything for a while!
Does anyone need anything picked up at the store?

Taking pictures brought up a couple of things I will have to ask the good folks here - the gap up front appears to be large enough the front tires are going to toss crap out over the bumper - and, need to find great "slash guards" for the rear end. In the bottom pic you can see where the right tire tossed sand and stuff onto the top of the front bumper. Is there a discussion of that anywhere here?

jt-seats.jpg
JT-tail.jpg
jt-trailer.jpg
jt-dash.jpg
JT-lf.jpg
jt-r.jpg
jt-rf.jpg

Gladiator.jpg
Congrats! It's easy to see that you're excited. And you should be. Thrilled for you! I'm in Phoenix AZ and I'm out of Modelo! "Road Trip! " .
I have one to two more weeks of waiting! "The Agony"

MalikBBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi - 2020
Well....Dealer just sent me photos of my Gobi (arrived Nov 12th...ordered Oct 8th). We have tons of snow up here in Canada!
I should be picking it up this week! They are mounting 35” KO2s with 17” Fuel Matte Black Vapor Rims.
I’m pretty excited! Next upgrade will be the Warn Mid Grille Guard.

CF986B9C-F8E2-4DB0-B6FF-6ACEFAD404D1.jpeg

9B2D45B7-CDA3-4C36-9541-599FCF1B21E3.jpeg

B7357D17-1682-41A6-ABC8-1D33CA052D24.jpeg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well....Dealer just sent me photos of my Gobi (arrived Nov 12th...ordered Oct 8th). We have tons of snow up here in Canada!
I should be picking it up this week! They are mounting 35” KO2s with 17” Fuel Matte Black Vapor Rims.
I’m pretty excited! Next upgrade will be the Warn Mid Grille Guard.

CF986B9C-F8E2-4DB0-B6FF-6ACEFAD404D1.jpeg

9B2D45B7-CDA3-4C36-9541-599FCF1B21E3.jpeg

B7357D17-1682-41A6-ABC8-1D33CA052D24.jpeg
LOL - there for a while, at first glance, it looked like they were using it to haul snow!

BOONEDOG

First Name
Boone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, Gator, Max Tow Package, Uconnect 3 with 5" screen, Alpine Premium Audio, Hothead Liners, Freedom 3 Piece Roof, Cargo Group Package with Trail Rail
Occupation
Retired
My Sport S Gator with Max Tow landed at the dealer today, Drives and steers straight and all the fenders match, fancy that!
Oh, and its much greener in person, cell phone pics don't do it any justice color wise.

gladiator1.jpg

gladiator2.jpg

gladiator3.jpg

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself ;)

Happy Veteran's Day and thank you for your service. I'd just as soon never see haze grey again me.
sorry you had a "bag experience" . . . perhaps it was of your own making ? Regardless, SERVING ones COUNTRY is ALWAYS for the BETTER . . . wether or not YOU merely survived it or thrived in it . . . my humble opinion, nothing more or less .

SMLDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Sahara, 07 Caliber. 2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Ordered mine on Aug 10th, finally made it to town Nov 11th and picked it up today.
Resized_20191114_160430_946.jpeg
Resized_20191114_160440_2284.jpeg
Resized_20191114_160448_4811.jpeg

Having a blast in it so far, the wife can not believe the leg room in it up front.
Will drop the air pressure down some tomorrow an see how it does, Otherwise it drives great.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine on Aug 10th, finally made it to town Nov 11th and picked it up today.
Resized_20191114_160430_946.jpeg
Resized_20191114_160440_2284.jpeg
Resized_20191114_160448_4811.jpeg

Having a blast in it so far, the wife can not believe the leg room in it up front.
Will drop the air pressure down some tomorrow an see how it does, Otherwise it drives great.
I feel like there's more room for my legs, especially when using cruise, than there was in my Chevy. I was always trying to figure out where to put my feet in that thing when I had cruise on. I'm impressed with the front floor space.
Sponsored