First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
LOL, it's what you get your tube of personal lubricant out of.
It does read "pulse". I almost bought the same one. They add "pulse" to most of the new cars on several of their lots. Basically it is making the rear third brake light "pulse" 3 times when braking. It also comes with a slight "warranty" if anyone rear-ends you. My wife's 2020 Toyota we just bought has it also.

The markups they have are crazy. I honestly didn't buy because we were trying to work numbers on a Sunday and he could not get any of the banks to justify the extra add-ons at that price. The first APRs were coming back at over 8% because of it. I told them no thanks, plus that's when I also realized that the Overland only pulls 6k lbs vs 7k lbs for the Rubicon. I then bought a fully loaded Rubicon Launch Ed for $5-7k cheaper with the Mopar lift. The lift was $2250 installed. I am adding Rock Slide Engineering power steps for less than they had the AMP ones for on the Overland. About everything they had on the truck was double. Even the tint. I got the fronts done for $90, they had it for $199.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
WTF is the $400 purse?
LOL, it's what you get your tube of personal lubricant out of.
It does read "pulse". I almost bought the same one. They add "pulse" to most of the new cars on several of their lots. Basically it is making the rear third brake light "pulse" 3 times when braking. It also comes with a slight "warranty" if anyone rear-ends you. My wife's 2020 Toyota we just bought has it also.

The markups they have are crazy. I honestly didn't buy because we were trying to work numbers on a Sunday and he could not get any of the banks to justify the extra add-ons at that price. The first APRs were coming back at over 8% because of it. I told them no thanks, plus that's when I also realized that the Overland only pulls 6k lbs vs 7k lbs for the Rubicon. I then bought a fully loaded Rubicon Launch Ed for $5-7k cheaper with the Mopar lift. The lift was $2250 installed. I am adding Rock Slide Engineering power steps for less than they had the AMP ones for on the Overland. About everything they had on the truck was double. Even the tint. I got the fronts done for $90, they had it for $199.
That's almost worse really, that is a $15 item on amazon/ebay/wherever.

I would definitely not buy from that dealership.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element

They say those are the type they sell the most of. Makes sense, mall crawlers selling at a dearlership located next to two malls. Congrats on the JTRLE, we'll have to meet up some time

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
So many dealerships are charging like $60-70,000 for a gladiator with 37" tires and 2 inch mopar lift, in many cases not even a Rubicon. My dealership gave me more than a fair deal for my stock Rubicon Gladiator, however I told them I would be back within a week to show them the before and after results at a much lower cost than any modded jeep they or any other dealership are selling. Pictured here 1 week later with about 5K in mods bringing my total vehicle price before taxes to $52,000...4.5 inch Skyjacker lift, 40x13.50 cooper stt pro tires, Black rhino mag wheels, xrc bumper, badlands winch

dealer.jpg
I'm late to this thread and I haven't read all the posts but if you're saying you got: 4.5 inch Skyjacker lift with installation, 40x13.50 cooper stt pro tires, Black rhino mag wheels, xrc bumper, and a badlands winch all for $5,000 I'm calling BS. Unless you have discount price connections I don't believe that total price.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Local stealership here in Louisville, KY charges $3k for a Mopar lift (parts and installation)

0d6d98a5-762a-4223-b1b7-a8338184f7ed-jpeg.jpg

C'mon. That's a negotiable price. Only people who don't know any better pay dealer markup sticker prices

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
C'mon. That's a negotiable price. Only people who don't know any better pay dealer markup sticker prices
Or dont care. Either way, lots of such folks.

I will say I have yet to see any max tow options at the 2 dealerships near me. They either sell out too quick or are never ordered.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

I consider anything the dealer installs to be a gift and refuse to pay for any of it.

But, I also never have and never will buy a vehicle that a dealership has modified to any significant degree.

For instance, with the 2" Mopar lift, you will get a full set of torque specifications for every nut and bolt you will touch. I will guarantee that 99.999998% of dealer installed lifts never see a torque wrench during the installation

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Just a little devil's advocate here. the dealers are charging parts + labor + a markup because no one does anything for free. Can it be done cheaper yourself? Of course. Do lots of folks pay the premium "for the look", also yes.
It's capitalism - if they are charging too much, the market will tell them so. If they are charging what the market will bear, who cares.
Yeah, it can be done cheaper - but their profit is in the shop, they have an hourly rate that's likely at least 80/hour.
A lot of folks want to buy these things ready-to-go, expend no effort or energy - make it like I want it, where do I sign. Why are people bothered by that?
I say - if ya don't like it, don't buy it! Someone will - and if they don't, the dealer will realize that - they ain't stupid.
So, I'm really not sure what the original post is showing here- other than "here's my truck, expensive tires and lift - I did it cheaper".
Sorry, maybe I missed the point? What was the purpose?

Like so many other things - why do some pay for a $15,000 casket - while others pay a fraction of that? Because they can, they want to.

Why do people gripe about what others are paying?

Also, anything the dealer adds, is covered by warranty (at least here it is).

OP's mods, are not.
I asked the dealer about that - the dealer warrants their work, and they stand behind the parts they sell. So in a way, it's similar, just a different source for what if things go south. If they install the lift - they stand behind it - that includes their installation (including things that should be torqued - and yeah, they do that around here) and everything except the lift kit itself is still under factory warranty as long as they do the work. The lift kit is under its manufacturer's warranty.

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
It's capitalism - if they are charging too much, the market will tell them so. If they are charging what the market will bear, who cares.
Yeah, it can be done cheaper - but their profit is in the shop, they have an hourly rate that's likely at least 80/hour.
A lot of folks want to buy these things ready-to-go, expend no effort or energy - make it like I want it, where do I sign. Why are people bothered by that?
I say - if ya don't like it, don't buy it! Someone will - and if they don't, the dealer will realize that - they ain't stupid.
So, I'm really not sure what the original post is showing here- other than "here's my truck, expensive tires and lift - I did it cheaper".
Sorry, maybe I missed the point? What was the purpose?

Like so many other things - why do some pay for a $15,000 casket - while others pay a fraction of that? Because they can, they want to.

Why do people gripe about what others are paying?

I asked the dealer about that - the dealer warrants their work, and they stand behind the parts they sell. So in a way, it's similar, just a different source for what if things go south. If they install the lift - they stand behind it - that includes their installation (including things that should be torqued - and yeah, they do that around here) and everything except the lift kit itself is still under factory warranty as long as they do the work. The lift kit is under its manufacturer's warranty.
I agree completely. I only had the dealer do the lift to keep it all under warranty. Otherwise I do all the upgrades myself. But like you say, others will buy it because they can't or don't have access to tools to do most of the mods themself.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I'm late to this thread and I haven't read all the posts but if you're saying you got: 4.5 inch Skyjacker lift with installation, 40x13.50 cooper stt pro tires, Black rhino mag wheels, xrc bumper, and a badlands winch all for $5,000 I'm calling BS. Unless you have discount price connections I don't believe that total price.
Take a look at his thread, post 6, where he identifies the cost. I have no reason to doubt this fellow:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jeep-gladiator-rubicon-on-40s-for-5-000.26287/
Sponsored