Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Wish I'd taken more photos, but I don't tend to bring my phone with me when hunting. A buddy of mine works on a farm near me that is just packed with wild turkeys (except during turkey season). My niece got married on opening day and that's thus far been my only day to actually get one. But this year I got lucky. We'd tried to call them in all morning and had only seen one hen so were walking out of the woods to call it a day. And there stood two toms just strutting along. I should note that the only thing he asks is not to shoot any turkeys in the cow pastures. Which I didn't but this bird had just enough life left to fly about 50 yards... right into the cow pasture. Took a little finagling but we got in and got him and I'll have a turkey pot pie in my near future. The Gladiator didn't have a lot to do with this except riding up a fairly steep trail where we get out to walk, and carrying my turkey home, but thought I'd still share. The cows were all gathered around it and I thought at first one had given birth and my turkey was elsewhere. But sure enough, there it was and the cows let me get it, although the bull (not pictured) stared and gave me the stink eye and I was ready to sprint if he got testy. Fortunately he kept his distance and I didn't have a more interesting story.
Jeep Gladiator Took my new Gladiatior on her maiden hunting voyage Ks2DTSa
Sponsored

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Went again today for last day of the season and got another. First time I've ever gotten 2 turkeys in the same year. I'll sous vide this one and pan sear, my favorite way to make wild turkey.

The only bad news: When leaving the turkey trail, my Gladiator's backup camera wouldn't work. Just a black screen. Hoping this is temporary like I've read of on the Wrangler side. And hoping even more it was a one time occurrence but I'm not optimistic about that.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Where's the Gladiator? If that bull had seen it, he would have given you a respectful nod and let you pass. :D

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Hiking these wooded trails gets tougher the older I get. If my Gladiator would fit up them, there's no way I'd walk them!

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Nice tom! A pickup is the perfect hunting vehicle, it's a drag stacking bucks into CJ's or YJ's.

Sponsored

RacerX00

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape, 2008 VW GTI
I go cow hunting all of the time, pisses off the ranchers though.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Nce bird, I was skunked this year, active gobblers returning my calls but could not get them close, although couple hens walked around clucking for hours around me, just enough to keep me on high alert for the duration.......Jack

OP
OP
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
It's an exercise in patience for sure. And they get more wary the longer season has been in.
Sponsored