Topless/doorless harm?

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I had the top off when we were hit by a dust storm just a few weeks into ownership. Hasn’t really been clean inside ever since.
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
You mean dust/dirt like this ? This was with 300 miles on the clock. Just be prepared to clean.....clean ....clean.

Was in Moab last week and Gladis was a completely different color. Clean ....clean ...clean.

C4E9023F-41B4-4FD3-8320-32953292FBAF.jpeg
Was that from driving with the top off in dusty conditions? Or were you buttoned up and this is the result of a door seal issue? From here it looks like dirt on the ground is tracked in while dust on the doors and dash is from windows down dusty driving? Which makes sense. I'm asking because up here in Minnesota we don't have a ton of dust until the middle of summer when the dirt finally dries out...

OP
OP

Geauxcrush

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Basketball Coach

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I

I plan on getting the mopar waterproof cover for emergency situations or when the weather is supposed to get bad, I’m more worried about just day-to-day dust and wear from being exposed while parked at work. I also am going to get a JTops sunshade which I think will help a little in that regard.
My wife covers her beetle every day, rain or not (metallic white turbo convertible). She hates bird shit. It only takes a minute and becomes second nature.🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Was that from driving with the top off in dusty conditions? Or were you buttoned up and this is the result of a door seal issue? From here it looks like dirt on the ground is tracked in while dust on the doors and dash is from windows down dusty driving? Which makes sense. I'm asking because up here in Minnesota we don't have a ton of dust until the middle of summer when the dirt finally dries out...
Top was off. Where we were heading was not supposed to be very dusty. We got there and said what the heck.

An hour or two and she was as good as new.

OP
OP

Geauxcrush

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Basketball Coach
Top was off. Where we were heading was not supposed to be very dusty. We got there and said what the heck.

An hour or two and she was as good as new.
The fact you were able to clean it and look new again is encouraging to me. I clean my truck nearly every weekend anyways (habit from previous sports car days), so if a weekly interior clean will keep the dust from causing permanent damage/disruption I think it’s worth it.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
This is the doors off/top off cover you want. It can be used with the Jeep completely naked, with just the doors off, just the top off, or soft top on and unfolded.
https://www.raingearcovers.com/
Sponsored