First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT, 09 G8, 06 Ram 2500, 83 CJ7, 68 Firebird
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Fellow Gladiator towing enthusiast, it's been a while since I updated the group on the design improvements and overall success of users. The second revision of my mirror adapters includes an additional 10 degrees of outward angle on the driver side for a more usable viewing range. This has been a great improvement and I owe it to all of the users out there providing feedback. There are now almost 700 sets of these in use and a ton of love for them. In my opinion (slight bias) they are the absolute best option for two mirrors and offer incredible stability at highway speeds compared to universal tow mirrors.

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors T-E - 1

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors T-E - 2

Like always, this is a two (2) part purchase.

First being the adapters on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333735970569

Second, the Rampage Tow Mirrors (originally for JKs):

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Products-860...rds=rampage+jeep+mirror&qid=1614691875&sr=8-3

Quadratec:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/13011_0311.htm

Please send me a message if you have any questions!

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Fellow Gladiator towing enthusiast, it's been a while since I updated the group on the design improvements and overall success of users. The second revision of my mirror adapters includes an additional 10 degrees of outward angle on the driver side for a more usable viewing range. This has been a great improvement and I owe it to all of the users out there providing feedback. There are now almost 700 sets of these in use and a ton of love for them. In my opinion (slight bias) they are the absolute best option for two mirrors and offer incredible stability at highway speeds compared to universal tow mirrors.

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors T-E - 2

Like always, this is a two (2) part purchase.

First being the adapters on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333735970569

Second, the Rampage Tow Mirrors (originally for JKs):

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Products-860...rds=rampage+jeep+mirror&qid=1614691875&sr=8-3

Quadratec:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/13011_0311.htm

Please send me a message if you have any questions!

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING

I absolutely love these. A must have for anyone towing IMO

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I agree 100% Fit beautifully and work great!!! Awesome job for filling a much needed niche :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set, too; they’re very high quality.

Sponsored

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is very interesting to me. How is it for seeing around an 8’ wide trailer?

I was going to use my beloved Cipa clamp-on mirrors that have fit securely on every tow vehicle I’ve ever tried them on... Except this one. I found a way to use bungee cords to somewhat hold them on, but they don’t stay put for long periods of driving.
As you can see they can stick out a lot.

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors 9842F0B8-F530-426D-BBD5-AEE68C1B7BE9

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
This is very interesting to me. How is it for seeing around an 8’ wide trailer?

I was going to use my beloved Cipa clamp-on mirrors that have fit securely on every tow vehicle I’ve ever tried them on... Except this one. I found a way to use bungee cords to somewhat hold them on, but they don’t stay put for long periods of driving.
As you can see they can stick out a lot.

Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors - Thorn-Engineering Adapters & Rampage JK Tow Mirrors 9842F0B8-F530-426D-BBD5-AEE68C1B7BE9
Gary,

They won't let you see "around" an 8' wide trailer, but they will give you enough vision to make changing lanes safer and backing up more manageable. They'll be much more stable than the setup you have, which to me is a fair trade-off to the setup time and instability/vibration while driving. The fact that you can put them on in less than 10-seconds is an added plus.

I also have a Ram 2500 with their super tow mirrors. Even with them, I cannot see around an 8' wide trailer. If you truly want to see directly behind your trailer, I would recommend a wireless camera setup.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Gary,

They won't let you see "around" an 8' wide trailer, but they will give you enough vision to make changing lanes safer and backing up more manageable. They'll be much more stable than the setup you have, which to me is a fair trade-off to the setup time and instability/vibration while driving. The fact that you can put them on in less than 10-seconds is an added plus.

I also have a Ram 2500 with their super tow mirrors. Even with them, I cannot see around an 8' wide trailer. If you truly want to see directly behind your trailer, I would recommend a wireless camera setup.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING
Can you tell me how far the Rampage's glass extends past the JT mirror's edge?
That would be helpful. Thanks

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
Can you tell me how far the Rampage's glass extends past the JT mirror's edge?
That would be helpful. Thanks
Gary,

The mirrors are about 4" square and the adapters push them out another inch or so. Doesn't sound like much, but i've been towing a long time and feel they are worth their weight in gold.

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I ordered them today. Going to give it a go. I also ordered Curt Spectrum brake controller. I need to pull a 6000 pound trailer in 3 weeks a little over 200 miles to Westgate River Ranch in Florida. I'll have my kids with me so safety is important.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
I ordered them today. Going to give it a go. I also ordered Curt Spectrum brake controller. I need to pull a 6000 pound trailer in 3 weeks a little over 200 miles to Westgate River Ranch in Florida. I'll have my kids with me so safety is important.
Frank,

They will go out tomorrow. I also have the Curt Spectrum brake controller. You will be very pleased with both.

Thanks again for the order!

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve done my usual nerding out with measuring, looking at line of sights, and such. I can see how I would love it for towing anything 7’ wide or less.

I may still end up placing the order just for those instances, when I don’t necessarily need or want to strap on the big mirrors for my 8’ wide travel trailer. I’m looking at it as a “right tool for the job” kind of thing. I picked up a large strap on mirror that sees around my TT exactly the way I want it to, but when I’m towing a U Haul cargo trailer or something like that, I feel like your mirrors may be a lot more appropriate and pleasant to use.

Regardless, I’m going to pass your info along to my Jeep dealer so they can tell their customers. I think they’ll be impressed with it.

OP
OP
Thorn-Engineering

Thorn-Engineering

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Manager (ME)
I’ve done my usual nerding out with measuring, looking at line of sights, and such. I can see how I would love it for towing anything 7’ wide or less.

I may still end up placing the order just for those instances, when I don’t necessarily need or want to strap on the big mirrors for my 8’ wide travel trailer. I’m looking at it as a “right tool for the job” kind of thing. I picked up a large strap on mirror that sees around my TT exactly the way I want it to, but when I’m towing a U Haul cargo trailer or something like that, I feel like your mirrors may be a lot more appropriate and pleasant to use.

Regardless, I’m going to pass your info along to my Jeep dealer so they can tell their customers. I think they’ll be impressed with it.
Gary,

Greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

T. Andrew Horn
THORN-ENGINEERING
Sponsored