Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Glad
I used a pair of Dometic Milenco Grand Aero3 mirrors last week, for about 300 miles of combined highway and secondary towing. I was impressed with the stability of the mounting system. There was a bit of shake to the mirrors themselves, but nothing unreasonable. It's probably unavoidable with any arm-mounted ones like them. I like the fact that there are replacement parts available as well, for the mounting pads and even the whole mirror head.
Glad to read that. I currently use the Milencos on my Grand Cherokee and was hoping they would work on my new Gladiator.
Sponsored

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Some disappointing news today. Received the mirrors I ordered. I'll be returning them. I knew there maybe a risk here but I can confirm they don't fit nor do I think it's possible to make them fit. :crying:

The clips are much to small and lip on the gladiator mirror positions the tow mirror so it would be unusable even if the clips would accommodate the JT mirrors.

IMG_20190807_114923.jpg
IMG_20190807_114910.jpg
IMG_20190807_114901.jpg

Dean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Gladiator4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Vehicle Showcase
The Dodge Mirrors flip down from the normal position into Towing Mirrors. I had a JKU previously that I used the Rampage mirrors with but they won't work on the Gladiator because of the plastic mirror side doesn't fit. The clamps can be modified to work but the plastic cannot so no go with the Rampage ones. I'll probably go with the other universal clip on style. I'll post if they work out.

gsbfree

First Name
Glade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone found a good tow mirror solution yet that they’re super happy with?

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy

Sponsored

Dean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Gladiator4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried several and none of them have worked out. I already owned a pair of the Rampage for my JKU and I'm altering them to fit my Gladiator by stretching the metal brackets wider and altering the mirror plastic edge to fit. I loved those Rampage ones (except for the mirrors inside moving after a bit). I'll let everyone know how it turns out with Pictures once completed if I don't destroy them in the process.

Update: Didn't like how my own mods turned out however I ended up ordering the kit from thorn engineering (mentioned later in this same thread) and they worked perfect. Highly recommended for only an additional $33.

Last edited:

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
A bit hesitant to post because it’s still a pretty rough prototype, but I’ve been working on this. Open to input, the orange is just to see it better. I’m aiming for more “Jeep” and less one size fits all.
Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors D5489A5D-00ED-4B1D-84D2-D43203B3BC00
Jeep Gladiator Tow Mirrors 5B6A8075-DD45-474E-8971-352F7B87539D

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
I
A bit hesitant to post because it’s still a pretty rough prototype, but I’ve been working on this. Open to input, the orange is just to see it better. I’m aiming for more “Jeep” and less one size fits all.
I like the idea. A little less bulky and easily removable/stow-able would be great!

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I

I like the idea. A little less bulky and easily removable/stow-able would be great!
The strap is just for proof of concept. I want something better. As of now its pretty quick and easy to take on and off. just loosen the strap.

What areas seem bulky to you?

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
The strap is just for proof of concept. I want something better. As of now its pretty quick and easy to take on and off. just loosen the strap.

What areas seem bulky to you?
I understood the prototype nature of the product and applaud your efforts. Comments were meant as a positive critique. I just thought the support rods could be made of a smaller diameter solid aluminum rod. The strap doesn’t bother me, it should be tethered to the main mirror somehow anyway.

Sponsored

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understood the prototype nature of the product and applaud your efforts. Comments were meant as a positive critique. I just thought the support rods could be made of a smaller diameter solid aluminum rod. The strap doesn’t bother me, it should be tethered to the main mirror somehow anyway.
No worries, I took them in a positive way. Thanks for the feedback! I picked 3/4 inch for the tube early on mostly for strength, protecting for stronger loads from the mirror being flat. Seems that its a bit overkill now after doing some driving with it. I'll look at smaller tubes, the parts are easy to change size.

Thanks again for the fresh set of eyes!!

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
No worries, I took them in a positive way. Thanks for the feedback! I picked 3/4 inch for the tube early on mostly for strength, protecting for stronger loads from the mirror being flat. Seems that its a bit overkill now after doing some driving with it. I'll look at smaller tubes, the parts are easy to change size.

Thanks again for the fresh set of eyes!!
When you’re happy with the design will you sell one set to me?

Hydro Blue in NM

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
North Edition Gladiator
What about modifying some trail mirrors? Lange makes a mirror that bolts to curved panel below the A-pillar. Seems like you could just put a longer piece of emt pipe to extend it past the stock mirror. I attached the instructions for the mirror.

Attachments

Last edited:

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
It looks promising and you could extend the length of the rod to work. However the original mirrors would need to be removed, else when the door is opened it would collide with that Lane mirror.

Mike White

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2006 TJ, 1979 MGB
Occupation
Nuclear Emergency Planner
I picked a couple of these up at Farm King last summer. They work fine.

20200514_203159.jpg
Sponsored