Sponsored

TPMS wont go away.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced my tires/wheels with new larger ones from Custom Offsets including the new TPMS sensors (matching set of 5).

The new sensors are giving a reading that is changing as I drive, but the light will not go out. I have a couple hundred miles on them including a couple good bits over 55 with the cruise set for at least 15 miles each direction.

Short of actually just using the Tazer Mini & turning off TPMS what else can be done to reset this light. I cant find any info in there being an actual reset button.

Jeep Gladiator TPMS wont go away. IMG_0529
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are OEM sensors I bought off of eBay, and they work perfectly, but they also show different pressures all the time, too. As the ambient outside temps heat up and cool down, the pressure in your tires changes from day-to-day as well. But mine aren't setting off the TPMS light. They're working like they're supposed to.

I would look into getting a Tazer JL Mini if the light is bothering you, or the sensors are giving you shit. You can turn off (deactivate) the TPMS completely with the Tazer. :like:

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are OEM sensors I bought off of eBay, and they work perfectly, but they also show different pressures all the time, too. As the ambient outside temps heat up and cool down, the pressure in your tires changes from day-to-day as well. But mine aren't setting off the TPMS light. They're working like they're supposed to.

I would look into getting a Tazer JL Mini if the light is bothering you, or the sensors are giving you shit. You can turn off (deactivate) the TPMS completely with the Tazer. :like:
As the sensors are reading & reporting the pressure it doesn't seem like an issue with the sensors. And I have a Tazer Mini as I said in the first post. I would prefer not just disabling TPMS though.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
As the sensors are reading & reporting the pressure it doesn't seem like an issue with the sensors. And I have a Tazer Mini as I said in the first post. I would prefer not just disabling TPMS though.
Will disabling turn the TPMS error light off? If you then enable TPMS the light should stay off? Can the Tazer read the error code?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe try updating your Tazer to the newest update, and then remarrying it to your truck, and doing the full reset after readjusting all your settings.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Will disabling turn the TPMS error light off? If you then enable TPMS the light should stay off? Can the Tazer read the error code?
It can read the error code. I just cleared it, but the light was right back on as soon as the jeep re-started. I can try disabling it & then re-enabling it tomorrow.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good point.. Tazers DO allow you to read and delete DTC codes right through the EVIC system. :like:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It can read the error code. I just cleared it, but the light was right back on as soon as the jeep re-started. I can try disabling it & then re-enabling it tomorrow.
You might have a sensor crapping-out or something, or the sensor part on the truck itself might be damaged or bad?

If it resumes, have your stock tires and wheels broken down and install your original OEM factory sensors in your new wheels, and then have the shop reset (beep) them with the reset machine to start reading immediately, as they go through their learning cycle.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Turning TPMS off of course turned off the light, but enabling it the light was back on imediatly. The only DTC its reading is U0168 which is of course going to be the case since the Tazer is plugged in instead of the SGW Module.

I am updating the software on the Tazer now.

What I am fairly certain needs to be done is just to reset the TPMS on the truck... Am I correct in there not being a damn reset button on these?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Turning TPMS off of course turned off the light, but enabling it the light was back on imediatly. The only DTC its reading is U0168 which is of course going to be the case since the Tazer is plugged in instead of the SGW Module.

I am updating the software on the Tazer now.

What I am fairly certain needs to be done is just to reset the TPMS on the truck... Am I correct in there not being a damn reset button on these?
Make sure you clear that code too, before doing a full reset (the one that takes a couple minutes) after changing your settings to make them.

Hopefully the new Tazer update will help you. I updated mine before installing it last month. Not sure if they have a newer one out now. Mine worked flawlessly.

I couldn't tell you about resetting the TPMS, I think you have to do that with the sensors themselves with that tool that beeps. It could be a faulty sensor they sent you? Were they OEM sensors that said Mopar on them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you clear that code too, before doing a full reset (the one that takes a couple minutes) after changing your settings to make them.

Hopefully the new Tazer update will help you. I updated mine before installing it last month. Not sure if they have a newer one out now. Mine worked flawlessly.

I couldn't tell you about resetting the TPMS, I think you have to do that with the sensors themselves with that tool that beeps. It could be a faulty sensor they sent you? Were they OEM sensors that said Mopar on them?
There is no related code to clear. And clearing the unrelated one it immediately comes back with the taser installed.

i have been doing the full reboot after everything. Update made no difference

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is no related code to clear. And clearing the unrelated one it immediately comes back with the taser installed.

i have been doing the full reboot after everything. Update made no difference
That sucks... I'd probably take it to the dealer and see what they say. They should be able to reset your TPMS sensors for free, it takes less than 5 minutes, literally. You could have a faulty sensor on the vehicle side. But I'd damn-sure remove that Tazer before going there, and putting those plugs back into their original spots. They should also reset your tire size for free while they're in there.

OP
OP
bastage

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So one tire has constantly read a little lower so I just decided to add air.. It didnt change. Then I pulled the valve stem & let out a ton of air & realized that the truck is showing the back tires on the wrong sides.

Taking it back to the dealer would be a mighty big pain in the ass. They are a couple towns over & I will have to leave my truck. With working every day if I can figure this out without taking it back to them & being without for a day & an uber trip home & then back I will be doing just that. So I am not to the point of taking it back in there yet.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So one tire has constantly read a little lower so I just decided to add air.. It didnt change. Then I pulled the valve stem & let out a ton of air & realized that the truck is showing the back tires on the wrong sides.

Taking it back to the dealer would be a mighty big pain in the ass. They are a couple towns over & I will have to leave my truck. With working every day if I can figure this out without taking it back to them & being without for a day & an uber trip home & then back I will be doing just that. So I am not to the point of taking it back in there yet.
Find a reputable tire shop (with the 2020 Gladiator software update on their TPMS reset machine) and have them reset your sensors to your vehicle with the "beeper" machine, and as you leave and start driving it will be relearning. Don't know what what that little TPMS sensor reset machine is called, but it looks like one of those hand-held scanners they check ID's with at bars.

Irulea2

First Name
Ayrula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport S
Occupation
Sales
Any luck with getting this resolved? I’m having the exact issue.
Sponsored