Sponsored

Trail Collision with my JT and a motorcycle (Uwharrie National Forrest)

SKETCHY JEEP

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Took the Gladiator on the trail for the first time and had a blast. I just recently got done installing the JKS 3.5 in lift kit and wanted to test it out. I gotta say Sketchy (Jeep name) did better that I could've anticipated. The longer wheelbase is evident coming from a JLU but with a taller and more capable lift kit than what I had on the JLU, Sketchy did great. I did have a small collision with a biker on the trails (no click bait) and I did cause a little damage on my rocker panel but it's no big deal and hardly noticeable. Having the Upper Decker was awesome when it came to the camping part. Being able to stack things (fire wood, water tanks, table, lawn chairs) on floor of the Upper Decker made it seem as if storage was endless. I also used their RTT brackets and mated it with my Smittybilt RTT. With small mods I was able to make it all work and the driving experience was much better on the highway with the tent sitting lower on the bed when compared to on the roof with the JLU. Stay tuned more adventures on the way.

Sponsored

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
Great video! Yikes on the dirtbiker. What a fluke fall, he had to have been embarrassed. He's lucky and could have easily broken something on himself.

Your also taking the damage to your truck better than I would have been!

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I had a deer headbut my driver's rocker and door on my still new 2003 TJ Rubicon. These things happen unfortunately, but you have a story to go along with the body damage.

OP
OP
SKETCHY JEEP

SKETCHY JEEP

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I had a deer headbut my driver's rocker and door on my still new 2003 TJ Rubicon. These things happen unfortunately, but you have a story to go along with the body damage.
Exactly. That's why i wasn't too beaten up about it. If the worst damage I get leaving the trails is a little dent on the rocker panel then I consider that a success.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm sorry but that's a very funny crash scene. Glad you are taking it well. Hope dude is ok. Great JT!

Sponsored

Cheveyboy

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ah thats cool. I didnt think Uwharrie was open yet. I'm not familiar with that trail system. I cant wait to get out there for a day t

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Uwharrie is closed for the season. What trails are you on?

OP
OP
SKETCHY JEEP

SKETCHY JEEP

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Ah thats cool. I didnt think Uwharrie was open yet. I'm not familiar with that trail system. I cant wait to get out there for a day t
This actually from a while back I just finally got around to editing it. I'm definitely looking forward to it opening again.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
My first reaction to whenever i see someone fall off their bike or motorcycle or scooter is full on cpr. Surprised to see you didn't do that, but to each his own i guess.

Tonellin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ rubicon, 16 WK2
Nice work on the editing that was an entertaining video. Love the build

Would you recommend the buddy heater instead of just getting a proper temp rated sleeping bag?

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Found your vid on Youtube outside the forum; glad to see some more Gladiator content out there, nice job!

I too found the biker's fall hilarious. Not sure what really happened, but It looked like he may have been laughing at the gladiator trying to get over the obstacle, then he goes and promptly crashes into the same truck, on the same obstacle. Priceless.

I used to dirtbike and some falls are a badge of honor, this was not one of them.

OP
OP
SKETCHY JEEP

SKETCHY JEEP

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
My first reaction to whenever i see someone fall off their bike or motorcycle or scooter is full on cpr. Surprised to see you didn't do that, but to each his own i guess.
So your first reaction to EVERYONE that falls off a bike is to do "FULL ON" cpr? Just go straight to the chest pumps at the tune of Staying Alive by Bee Gees.
Sponsored