Sponsored

Trail rail cleats

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Holy shit, $27 a pop? Hell if anyone needs them I've got 4 that haven't left the rear storage tray I'll sell.

As far as other options, dimensionally, the mounting is close to the Tacoma but the kicker is that the rail channel is shallower; can't help but think that was intentional. All the stuff I had on my Tacoma fits (Toyota hooks aside), but nothing fits snugly to the rail because the T-nuts that everyone sells are 1/8" too tall and the things slide around.

This is the worst version of this system on any truck because, as @Godfadr said, you can only remove them from the ends. Loosening a cap or tonneau to slide them in is beyond stupid.
Sponsored

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Holy shit, $27 a pop? Hell if anyone needs them I've got 4 that haven't left the rear storage tray I'll sell.

As far as other options, dimensionally, the mounting is close to the Tacoma but the kicker is that the rail channel is shallower; can't help but think that was intentional. All the stuff I had on my Tacoma fits (Toyota hooks aside), but nothing fits snugly to the rail because the T-nuts that everyone sells are 1/8" too tall and the things slide around.

This is the worst version of this system on any truck because, as @Godfadr said, you can only remove them from the ends. Loosening a cap or tonneau to slide them in is beyond stupid.
Hey guys, this part number on BAM is for the metal loop at the bottom of the bed at the front. This is not a rail anchor loop.

C825BE48-1CE7-4B42-846E-7469A46064C1.jpeg

540D560A-7BA9-42A8-8B24-ABC595F4218E.jpeg

Sponsored

JeffJackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, PT Cruiser
I 3D printed two extra cleats for my gladiator that seem to work well. For anyone interested, I posted the model on thingiverse. Just search for gladiator rail cleat.
Jeep Gladiator Trail rail cleats C0968D37-C81D-4E46-BA6F-B0D0C5563EC7
Cool. I bought some of the Tacoma ones I mentioned above. They fit, but they don't click in at the detents. You just have to tighten them real good.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
I have not seen this trail rail kit in person but the photo above looks exactly like my Nissan Titan OEM ultility bedrail system.. Can someone give me a depth and height measurement and I will compare to the one on the titan

edit: this rail is approx. 1 3/8" high, opening is 13/16"
depth inside channel 9/16"

20210514_174850(1).jpg

Sturm451

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Cool. I bought some of the Tacoma ones I mentioned above. They fit, but they don't click in at the detents. You just have to tighten them real good.
Thanks! I tried the Tacoma cleats too but decided they looked gargantuan next to the factory cleats and didn’t make use of the notches in the Gladiator rails. Mine don’t look exactly like the factory cleats, but they are almost identical in size and use the notches to lock in place.

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Do anyone have pictures of the Tacoma cleats vs. the Mopar ones? I've had a Tacoma before and did not recall them being big; they were normal.

Sponsored

JeffJackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, PT Cruiser
Do anyone have pictures of the Tacoma cleats vs. the Mopar ones? I've had a Tacoma before and did not recall them being big; they were normal.
The Tacoma ones are quite a bit bigger, but I rather like the bigger size. The small ones can be a pain to thread a rope though with the tonneau cover in the way.

Jeep Gladiator Trail rail cleats 20210528_161506

Jeep Gladiator Trail rail cleats 20210528_161526

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Thanks. They’re not as bad as people made it sound. I like smaller but the Toyota ones aren’t bad. Are they as sturdy as the Mopar ones?

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Good find Bad L. Bill. They’re pricey that’s for sure but hot damn, I can see rolling round town with the bed cover back cuz I want to show ‘em off.
Sponsored