OP

AuburnATX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
I take delivery of the hitch trailer on Monday and heading out on Thursday. I'll post pics of how it holds up on a mopar lifed rubicon. ~550 lbs total tongue weight so hoping for not too much squat and a somewhat decent ride.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AuburnATX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Just got back from our trip and have to say that the MC trailer hitch did pretty well. I was pretty loaded down and likely close to max payload with everything else but no problems. Certainly had the Carolina squat thing going on and felt a bit loose in the front but held up like a champ! Close to hitting the bump stops but the ride was fairly smooth. If you need all the bed space but still want to carry a bike, I'd recommend this set up.

bump.jpg

mc.jpg

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Just got back from our trip and have to say that the MC trailer hitch did pretty well. I was pretty loaded down and likely close to max payload with everything else but no problems. Certainly had the Carolina squat thing going on and felt a bit loose in the front but held up like a champ! Close to hitting the bump stops but the ride was fairly smooth. If you need all the bed space but still want to carry a bike, I'd recommend this set up.

Jeep Gladiator Trailer Hitch Motorcycle Carrier Confusion mc

Jeep Gladiator Trailer Hitch Motorcycle Carrier Confusion mc
Is that a Royal Enfield Himalaya?

OP
OP

AuburnATX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LE Gladiator
Is that a Royal Enfield Himalaya?
Good eye sir, it is indeed a Himalayan. It's the wife's bike but I find that I ride it over the others. It's a capable little machine and I've certainly put it in some unforgiving situations. Got a nice little dent in the tank this weekend pushing it a little too far.

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Good eye sir, it is indeed a Himalayan. It's the wife's bike but I find that I ride it over the others. It's a capable little machine and I've certainly put it in some unforgiving situations. Got a nice little dent in the tank this weekend pushing it a little too far.
My buddy just test rode one the other day and is making a trade for it next week. Really looks awesome. Stay safe.

Sponsored

a_kress

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator, 08 Ducati 1098, 64 Ducati 250 Diana
Occupation
Software Engineer
Think is exactly what I was looking for. Hello, I'm new. I'm looking to replace my 2013 F150 (3.7 V6) and I use a hitch mount carrier for my bike. I'm looking to replace the F150 with a Gladiator Sport with the Max Tow package and set of air bags in the back. I'd really like to know how it handles with a 400lb bike? The F150 sags a bit but has no problem doing 70 down the highway. I've got a Ducati 1098 that I take to the track few times a year.

IMG_6296.png

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I haven't tried putting my bike on the Gladiator yet. It was pretty awful on the JKUR. My travel trailer is 350 pounds on the tongue, and sags it a lot without the weight distribution hitch. But if you add air bags, and set them well, I am certain you will be fine.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
If our old suburban that was only rated at 5.000lbs towing and nice comfy suspension could do it, the JT can, too.

My old KLR loaded and hauled from TX to Colorado a few years back.

Jeep Gladiator Trailer Hitch Motorcycle Carrier Confusion 15498ABC-3F8D-4E08-B7E3-D10051A02269

Sponsored

redrider

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 truck 5 motorcycles
I have been riding and hauling motorcycles close to 60 years. A nice 3 rail trailer is my choice. Lower than the bed without loading gymnastics. These hitch haulers do not look robust and secure to me. Just my 2c.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
They are quite secure and robust. And depending on the state, you may lose a lot of legal speed with a trailer. CA has a 15 MPH reduction for trailers. Also, trailer tires are kind of crap, and I've seen a blowout send a trailer on its side and dump a bike.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
It always feels back-heavy, since it is. Curves aren't a big difference.

wachuko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

Jeep Gladiator Trailer Hitch Motorcycle Carrier Confusion 15498ABC-3F8D-4E08-B7E3-D10051A02269

Sorry to revive this thread... but I plan to buy the same motorcycle... RE Himalayan...

A couple of questions if I may:

1. Do you happen to have a photo from the back that you could share?

2. That carrier is 78-3/4" long. Good to know. I almost ordered one that was 71-1/2"... so it needs to be the longer version.

3. How is holding up after the last few years?
Sponsored