First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
So I was in Great Barrington, MA on a service call (Work Van) yesterday and Google Maps took me back to CT on some gravel back roads. Miles, of gravel back roods. Been through there before, but not this many miles. The question nagging me, there has got to be some trails in that area? Something?? Anyone? DM me, meet up for some legal trails? Just driving down the gravel roads was cool, may take a drive up that way on Friday in the JT.

Tolland, MA
Sandisfield, MA
Granville, MA
Great Barrington, MA
Hartland, CT
Just naming some of the areas I was in.
Sponsored

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I've done some trails in Granville on my dirt bike and saw a Wrangler on the trail. Legal might be asking too much though. IIRC, the only legal "trails" for a Jeep in this state are on private property which you must have permission to use. Even if you are on your OWN property(lol) you have to have an off-road registration and sticker for your Jeep to be legal. Yes, I laughed loudly and obnoxiously when the woman at the "Boat, Recreation Vehicle & Snowmobile Registration Bureau" verified this to me while I was getting a sticker for my dirt bike. She glared in return.

Your best bet, find and join a Jeep club. There are a few in the area.

OP
OP
Chocolyle

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
Any recommendations for a club? I joined a few on FB and they all seem to be just local parts sale forums. There is a guy that does trips in CT on New England Gladiators but they seem to always be hardcore trails. Don’t mind a challenge but need to be able to drive home and make it wife kid fun.

TwelveGaugeSage

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kawasaki Z125, 2016 Yamaha WR250R, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Air Force Contractor
I'm incredibly anti-social, so not in one right now, but you could try Home :: Patriot Jeepers

I don't know how most trails are here, but in Arizona, even the toughest trails usually had bypasses for the tougher stuff. I would avoid anything on Facebook. If you have a hard time finding something, try emailing Endangered Species Jeep or Gary's Jeeps which are two Jeep specialty shops in the area.

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Sounds like you went through the reservoir area, been a few years for me but there was no legal areas around there.
Unfortunately I even got a tick for “stopping” when I was a kid for hiking up a mountain in that area.

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Beautiful area tho!
Sponsored