First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician
I don’t know what I did or how I did it but the JT says it’s in 2H and it drives like it’s in 2H but the shifter is very loose and is in neutral or 4L with no restrictions. Any ideas ?
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sounds like a broken cable. The t-case shift lever is where it's supposed to be, but the shifter has broken loose from it. Head to the dealership when you're able.

OP
OP
Baja Bound

Baja Bound

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician
Sounds like a broken cable. The t-case shift lever is where it's supposed to be, but the shifter has broken loose from it. Head to the dealership when you're able.
Thanks, is it a pretty easy fix ? Is there any issues with driving it

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Thanks, is it a pretty easy fix ? Is there any issues with driving it
On the JK it was a stone age simple fix because they used a plastic bushing under the Jeep that broke all the time but was easy to get to and swap out. On the JT/JL they went to a more robust setup and honestly I've never repaired one and I haven't seen it done. But I wouldn't think that it'll be too bad. You could crawl under and see if there's anything obvious hanging down broken.

Did you shift to 4-low recently? It helps to be in neutral with the vehicle rolling at 2 MPH when you make the shift to 4-low. Won't put as much force on the t-case shift cable that way.

OP
OP
Baja Bound

Baja Bound

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Electrician
On the JK it was a stone age simple fix because they used a plastic bushing under the Jeep that broke all the time but was easy to get to and swap out. On the JT/JL they went to a more robust setup and honestly I've never repaired one and I haven't seen it done. But I wouldn't think that it'll be too bad. You could crawl under and see if there's anything obvious hanging down broken.

Did you shift to 4-low recently? It helps to be in neutral with the vehicle rolling at 2 MPH when you make the shift to 4-low. Won't put as much force on the t-case shift cable that way.
Yes, I went to put it in 4L and it never went into 4L. I was in neutral but not rolling that I can remember

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This is always going to happen on the trail .... I wonder if there is a replacement part that one could carry.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
I'm sorry I necro'd your thread, but this just happened to me I had to pop the surround on the transfer case shifter off, there is a plastic retention piece that the cable slipped out of. I pushed the lever forward and maneuvered it back into the retention spot and it shifts normal again. Basically the cable and the sleeve were all moving together but the sleeve has to be stationary for the cable to move and shift. Is just like bicycle cables or motorcycle cables the sleeve the cable goes through has to be stationary mine popped off.

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Yep, this just happened to me but it was actually the shift arm on the transfer case. This bolt can come loose and the shift arm will slide right out of its groove.

AC9357F2-17F6-404D-8E3E-1E4F763054E0.jpeg

Wyojeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU Rubicon
Occupation
EMS
Yep, this just happened to me but it was actually the shift arm on the transfer case. This bolt can come loose and the shift arm will slide right out of its groove.

Jeep Gladiator Transfer Case Shifter Issue AC9357F2-17F6-404D-8E3E-1E4F763054E0
Thanks for this information! I shift into 4low and the t case indicator shows neutral, the jeep does go into 4low, and the transmission stays stuck in 1st gear.
Sponsored