Trying to figure out my exact towing capabilities

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I don't plan on doing a lot of towing, but I would like to know exactly what I could do before it comes up. On my dealer sticker, it says the following:

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

7 and 4 pin wiring harness
Electronic Trailer Sway Control
Electronic Stability Control

Optional Equipment

Trailer-Tow package
Class IV Receiver Hitch

I'm guessing that if I had Max-Tow that it would say that on the invoice. So, with what I have on my Gladiator, what are my towing capabilities?
Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
I don't plan on doing a lot of towing, but I would like to know exactly what I could do before it comes up. On my dealer sticker, it says the following:

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

Optional Equipment

Trailer-Tow package
Class IV Receiver Hitch

I'm guessing that if I had Max-Tow that it would say that on the invoice. So, with what I have on my Gladiator, what are my towing capabilities?
Its right in the manual....but I believe it is 6,000 lbs trailer weight. But be sure to check the manual as it shows additional parameters for tongue weight and frontal area of trailer. Its a pretty good chart right in the 2021 manual. It was a little vague in earlier versions but they improved it greatly in 2021.

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Yeah, mine is the 2020 and the book shows some numbers but I thought I'd try to get some straight-forward answers. I was figuring 6,000 lb and honestly that's more than I would probably ever tow anyway.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

STANDARD EQUIPMENT

Optional Equipment

Trailer-Tow package
Class IV Receiver Hitch

Towing capacity depends on the model, the engine, the transmission, and whether or not it is equipped with the Tow Package. Knowing that you can look it up in the chart in the Owner's Manual. Since you have the Tow Package, and not knowing the other details, it is quite likely 6000 pounds.
Sponsored