First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
So I just picked up my new JTR yesterday. The app won’t work and the SOS fails to connect. Do I have to have cell service in particular AT&T?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
which app??
There's a bunch of them on the "apps" screen.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So I just picked up my new JTR yesterday. The app won’t work and the SOS fails to connect. Do I have to have cell service in particular AT&T?
The Uconnect system is managed by SiriusXM and uses AT&T for communication. If you are in an area with weak reception, or an area where AT&T has roaming issues, the Uconnect features that require communication will not function very well.

OP
OP

coachump4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
which app??
There's a bunch of them on the "apps" screen.
The UConnect app from the mobile phones
The Uconnect system is managed by SiriusXM and uses AT&T for communication. If you are in an area with weak reception, or an area where AT&T has roaming issues, the Uconnect features that require communication will not function very well.
Thank you this may explained issue. Where I live there is no cell service except for my Verizon network extender I have. AT&T also is not very good in Southern WV.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Well said - I noticed that myself - early on I had trouble. For some reason I don't notice the issues as bad as I used to.

Mr._Bill you brought up a point - if I want to continue the uconnect phone app features, vehicle location, remote lock, unlock, start, etc. from phone - it's the SIRIUS side I have to maintain a subscription to, correct?
My wife sort of likes my ability to lock the truck if we are somewhere.... the other day we were in church 4 minutes from the top of the hour, 4 minutes to start time. She had a couple of customer quilts in the truck. She was really concerned about them in there. I DID lock it using the fob to set the alarm but she was really concerned and yes, with 4 minutes left asked me to make sure. So I took my phone out of airplane mode, pulled up the uconnect app, showed her as I touched the LOCK icon and waited a couple of seconds to ensure it went (said "this may take up to 30 seconds) and put my phone back in airplane mode, never leaving the building. She was impressed - and relaxed.
I could have never made it all the way out, back close enough to lock with the fob and hear the horn and then back in again. She actually said "you may want to continue that..." - I told her I'd have to figure out how!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Well said - I noticed that myself - early on I had trouble. For some reason I don't notice the issues as bad as I used to.

Mr._Bill you brought up a point - if I want to continue the uconnect phone app features, vehicle location, remote lock, unlock, start, etc. from phone - it's the SIRIUS side I have to maintain a subscription to, correct?
My wife sort of likes my ability to lock the truck if we are somewhere.... the other day we were in church 4 minutes from the top of the hour, 4 minutes to start time. She had a couple of customer quilts in the truck. She was really concerned about them in there. I DID lock it using the fob to set the alarm but she was really concerned and yes, with 4 minutes left asked me to make sure. So I took my phone out of airplane mode, pulled up the uconnect app, showed her as I touched the LOCK icon and waited a couple of seconds to ensure it went (said "this may take up to 30 seconds) and put my phone back in airplane mode, never leaving the building. She was impressed - and relaxed.
I could have never made it all the way out, back close enough to lock with the fob and hear the horn and then back in again. She actually said "you may want to continue that..." - I told her I'd have to figure out how!
Correct, the phone app features require the SiriusXM Guardian subscription. It is free for the first year, and the renewal is $250 per year. It takes 24 hours to process, so renew at least two days before expiration.
Sponsored