Sponsored

Ultimate roof rack by Adventure Rack Systems!

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Would love one, but $$$
Oh yea. Not gonna lie. It's expensive as hell. But..... at the time, I think I got it for almost half off. They had a sale going on and let me get a military discount on top of that.

HankB

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport, Porsche Panamera 4S
Occupation
Retired
Looks cool, not sure it would be fun to get the hardtop panels on & off on a regular basis, and it would definitely suck cleaning snow off the windshield or changing wiper blades.

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Looks cool, not sure it would be fun to get the hardtop panels on & off on a regular basis, and it would definitely suck cleaning snow off the windshield or changing wiper blades.
The hardtop (freedom) panels come off the same way the come off any other time. Turn the levers and remove. And snow and wiper blades? Neither one of the racks interfere with that. It's not in the way of anything. It all functions the same except for two things. You can't fold down the windshield and removing the back portion of the hard top. But, the ARS rack is hinged on the rear. Remove the front bolts, rotate it backwards, and remove the top. Very simple.

OP
OP
Oneshotlucky

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager
Yep. I've had it on mine since Nov 22. Use it all the time. Carry my fishing poles, 24ft steel tubing, canoe, lumber, just about anything and everything.

Jeep Gladiator Ultimate roof rack by Adventure Rack Systems! 2022-12-12 Tyson Jeep - San Antonio, TX
I am curious how you got it to work with tonneau cover? Detail’s please! I have a best top roll up wondering if I could modify mine like you did?

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
I wanted to do that but two things stopped me.

1. The bed shell on my truck seems like would interfere with the mounting.

2. I had a fear of wind noise emanating from the front supports.

The first was real. I could not get around that. I think there is a system that lets you mount the rear of the rack towards the sides but i didn't want anything hanging outside the truck that could get caught up on things. It's much cleaner mounted the way you have it.

The second was just a theoretical concern. I guess it's fair to ask if those supports cause wind noise because I am still looking at something similar to wrap around my windshield to support some lights.

Thanks

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I am curious how you got it to work with tonneau cover? Detail’s please! I have a best top roll up wondering if I could modify mine like you did?
Ummmm.... Yea! About that!👀

So, first off I have the Mopar hard folding cover. I cut a notch on both sides. Didn't really bother me because my cover is 3yrs old and all beat. Lol. I then bought a piece of weatherstripping to go around it to keep the water out. Works perfect. But again, I have the hard cover.

20230325_194913.jpg

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to do that but two things stopped me.

1. The bed shell on my truck seems like would interfere with the mounting.

2. I had a fear of wind noise emanating from the front supports.

The first was real. I could not get around that. I think there is a system that lets you mount the rear of the rack towards the sides but i didn't want anything hanging outside the truck that could get caught up on things. It's much cleaner mounted the way you have it.

The second was just a theoretical concern. I guess it's fair to ask if those supports cause wind noise because I am still looking at something similar to wrap around my windshield to support some lights.

Thanks
1. Yes. The bed shell would interfere with mounting. For that issue, you may want to take a look at the Gobi overcab rack. The mounting system for that one is different as it goes along the sides.

2. When I first installed it, I mounted a basket on top that I used for my fishing poles and storage boxes. The wind noise was really bad. I got really frustrated. Then one day I took the basket off to transport a few 24' square tubes. And that's when I realized it was the basket and not the rack. So, the wind noise is really not that bad at all. ARS does sell a stealth basket. It probably makes a difference but I already had mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oneshotlucky

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager

So, first off I have the Mopar hard folding cover. I cut a notch on both sides. Didn't really bother me because my cover is 3yrs old and all beat. Lol. I then bought a piece of weatherstripping to go around it to keep the water out. Works perfect. But again, I have the hard cover.

Jeep Gladiator Ultimate roof rack by Adventure Rack Systems! 20230325_194913
That may work for me. The very front of my cover is about 3 in solid piece that runs the width of the bed.

OP
OP
Oneshotlucky

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager

Jeep Gladiator Ultimate roof rack by Adventure Rack Systems! 20230325_194913
Don’t suppose you could post a closer photo? Of where you cut the notch? I’m wanting to buy that rack and possibly keep my cover too!

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t suppose you could post a closer photo? Of where you cut the notch? I’m wanting to buy that rack and possibly keep my cover too!
I'll get you one tomorrow!👍
Sponsored