Sponsored

Under seat sub box built (pic heavy)

Lscardsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Ram
The angle iron (its way over kill, but what I had on hand) is drilled and place over the factory studs that hold down the lower cargo tray(removed) then just fender washers and 2 nuts
The PVC board is bolted to 2 peices of flat stock that I welded to the angle iron.

This bracket is way more than needed for an amp rack, but I previously had a powered sub woofer installed in this location and that was much heavier
Thanks for the info. Would you mind posting a picture of what it looks like final with the seats installed and folded down? I think I’m going to steal your idea! I’m assuming the lower panel/cargo tray separates easy from the main rear plastic panel that’s in your picture?

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yes the plastic cargo tray come off easily

IMG_20200709_072121.jpg

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Just got the text from my JL Audio dealer that’s my stealthbox arrived today. Gonna pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully the rest will arrive soon and I can begin install.

Dallas91

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Silverado ltz
Do you have a cad drawing of measurements that you'd be willing to share? I'm looking at doing a singular 8 in skar audio sub in a bandpass box. But racking my brain on the angles of the seat and keeping it in spec for the subs requirements including tuning of the port.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Do you have a cad drawing of measurements that you'd be willing to share? I'm looking at doing a singular 8 in skar audio sub in a bandpass box. But racking my brain on the angles of the seat and keeping it in spec for the subs requirements including tuning of the port.
CAD drawings :CWL::CWL:......tape measure man

Dallas91

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Silverado ltz
Ha. I was hoping to cheat to avoid that so I can figure the cubes and port length to make the box to exact specifications. Thanks though.

Capt.Grumps1075

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Towboat Captain
You took what I've had in my mind and brought it too reality. Looks great. Hows the sound and I guess I'm missing it, but what size subs are you using. I'm going with 10s

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Ha. I was hoping to cheat to avoid that so I can figure the cubes and port length to make the box to exact specifications. Thanks though.
I went sealed to avoid all that math...and I like tighter bass

You took what I've had in my mind and brought it too reality. Looks great. Hows the sound and I guess I'm missing it, but what size subs are you using. I'm going with 10s
I originally planned L7T 10s (shallow) but once I actually built the box it was just a little to tight for comfort,(1.1ftÂł, giving each sub just over .5ftÂł)
So i went with L7T 8s(shallow) and I'm VERY HAPPY.
The sound from these little guys is unbelievable. I have never turned the remote knob over 50% and they hit HARD & CLEAN.
Sponsored