Sponsored

Anyone have ideas for a subwoofer under the seat box besides JL Audio?

JJ77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
What DC sub did you go with?. The ones I see call for a smaller enclosure
DC Audio Level 2, 2 ohm dual voice coil. Magnet barely fits and if I remember correctly it specs a slightly larger air space for a ported enclosure. It’s rated for 600 watts but I’ve been giving it 900 watts reliably for some time now.
Sponsored

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
DC Audio Level 2, 2 ohm dual voice coil. Magnet barely fits and if I remember correctly it specs a slightly larger air space for a ported enclosure. It’s rated for 600 watts but I’ve been giving it 900 watts reliably for some time now.
Thanks. The DC sub (like almost every 10 inch sub I’ve been looking at) specs a 1.0cf enclosure and the Fox box is 1.3cf. I’ve been concerned about how that extra .3cf would affect sound. Glad to hear it’s working for you

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
I have the BRP box with 2 10's (with the kit they sell). Box is good quality and sharp. Robert was awesome to deal with. The sound is much better than stock but overall wasn't what I was hoping for

Oshack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
I have the BRP box with 2 10's (with the kit they sell). Box is good quality and sharp. Robert was awesome to deal with. The sound is much better than stock but overall wasn't what I was hoping for
Could you elaborate more on that? I was looking at buying their combo and calling it a day, rather than piecing everything together. Not as loud or not as much low end bass?

Sponsored

TricornBlack

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator
I went the under front seat route. It works great and I lost ZERO storage space !!!
While it's no competition setup it certainly makes a huge difference (that with the MB Quart front speaker swap-out).

8-Inch Low-Profile Amplified Subwoofer System - 600 Watt Compact Enclosed Active Marine Underseat Car Subwoofer with Built in Amp
https://a.co/d/cVEbhT8
Got pics?

adrnln.JT

First Name
Sheridan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Network Engineer
What exactly are you looking for?

Here is the sear all of the way forward and back. (sorry for the dirt, it's winter in Wyoming)
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have ideas for a subwoofer under the seat box besides JL Audio? IMG_20230112_093053847_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have ideas for a subwoofer under the seat box besides JL Audio? IMG_20230112_093115108_HDR

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
SRQ Custom boxes are nice as well. The box with the Kicker L7T hits hard. Needs 500W rms to power it though.
https://srqcustoms.com/product-category/jeep/

Kicker makes a compact box with the L7T sub that appears to fit under the rear seat and uses a lot less space

https://www.kicker.com/l7t-loaded-enclosures
Ordered the Kicker box above with 10” L7T and it fits nicely under the rear passenger seat. Keep the rear drivers side open to install a Tuffy lockable storage box or the Amp.

E9A03B27-E27E-4F29-BF72-216E05E5F1F4.jpeg

210C0147-9578-4C6E-BA7C-60F86F73656F.jpeg

Last edited:

Komato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Could you elaborate more on that? I was looking at buying their combo and calling it a day, rather than piecing everything together. Not as loud or not as much low end bass?
[/QUOTE

Yea the bass isn't very deep. It is a smaller box than I was expecting but there really isn't a lot of room to do much back there. If I had it to do over I would of went with the FOXBOX ported enclosure with a single 10. Had their dual 10 box in my old F-250 and it hit hard
IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1330.JPG

Sponsored

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
i have the groundshaker box off ebay. it was 245 dollars. moved jack and the bolt holder box.

two skar shallow mount tens and an rp1500.1d. its all budget. sounds good.

the box is spec'd for TW3's which is what I will go to later.

never had 8s and every person that has them and showed them off just turned me off from 8s.

I almost got the rockford fosgate shallow tens, i just never liked that brand so i went with super cheap skars. Subs are fine, amps are garbage. Im on my third one. dual 4ohm run to two ohms at the amp. the amp i one ohm stable, but for 80 dollar subs, didnt think it would matter much.

I wish i would have just gone all out and done it right and spent the coin. replaced all speakers, run new wire, i mean do all of it. Maybe on week i can get to it. lol

I achieved my goal, but im not 'completely' satisfied yet.

DFWJEEP

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

BRP330

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
We make boxes that go under the rear seats. We have them available with or without subs and make them with 4-8s, 2-10s, or 3-10s. Here is the link to our website with all available options.
brpautodesigns.com

ShawnL

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Sales
We make a subwoofer box for 2-10s, 3-10s, and 4-8s. Feel free to brows our website for all available options. brpautodesigns.com
Have you guys come up with a behind the seat sub enclosure yet? JT

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
Made my own DIY 10" sub box. Would like more volume, but good enough for now.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone have ideas for a subwoofer under the seat box besides JL Audio? 20210226_152242
Sponsored