Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor and I got to talking car shows yesterday (Friday) and he was talking about perhaps going to one at Karl's Kustoms and I thought I needed a diversion, break, from the routine and work going on, so decided to go. Well he had to cancel out as his wife reminded him they had company coming, were in the middle of a garage sale and he had stuff going on.
I went anyway, VERY last minute decision. I pulled the old sheets I had on my Eagle to help keep dust off while it was in the back of the garage, cleaned the windshield with some Windex, used my California duster on it and drove it the 20 minutes to the show.
I knew I'd be the only AMC there and also knew it would be all about Camaro, maybe a couple of Mustangs, and more modern vehicles people think everyone likes to see at a show like a 2019 Camaro, or a 2015 'vette or a Smart car? Really? There was a fair variety, including a 1914 Buick, and I have to admit the hemi challenger was cool.
What the heck, nice day, good to get out and see some cars and people.
They were announcing the trophies - best engine, best paint, best interior, bed Ford, best GM product, best Mopar, best 1972 or older, best 1973 or newer and when they got to that one, called out my car.

Jeep Gladiator Unexpected win at show 20200919_134808
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I should add that after seeing the first 4 older cars with an LS of one form or another transplanted into a 6x Chevy Impala or a 56 Chevy or something else, it was sooooo boring. Good grief, no originality, no thinking, so few restorations. LS engines are cheap, a dime a dozen, even the crate engines and it takes almost nothing do to as there are adapters, wiring kits and so many have done it, I'd be surprised if there weren't books "LS Transplants for Dummies"

The car sitting next to me was a VERY VERY GOOD restoration - finishes were correct, colors were correct, decals under the hood - correct, it was pretty close to show-room perfect. That car I kept looking at over and over (along with the 1914 Buick, of course- I love those very old engines and the amazing engineering.)

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Your efforts were well worth it. Beautiful car!

I got bored with going to car shows for some of what you mention... they all started looking alike.
Sponsored