First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Those are much more reasonably priced for sure haha. I'll look in to them. Due to the nature of the terrain I typically run with the extra weight that I have, I'd prefer something with reservoirs, which is probably a bit overkill, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it and end up cooking my shocks lol.

Mojavecon! Haha, I have thought about going that route as well. Worth looking in to. I haven't seen too many take off Mojave sets though. With what I see some people trying to charge for take off Rubicon suspension, I'd expect the cost of the Mojave setup to be pushing damn near the cost of the Falcons anyway. We'll see!
Let us know what you come up with and how it works out. I have enough projects in-flight now, but can always add another for the future.
Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I'm just not convinced that the high speed rebound is going to do well in heavy load, slow, long articulation. I have gotten reamed on this Board for expressing that opinion, but the two operations are opposite each other.
The adjustable shocks that are out there are a good fit, you can tune them for fast and hard, slow and long, or anywhere between. (Git yer minds outta da gutter ya Pervs)
That's the magic of shock valving. You can have a really stiff high speed response and a really soft low speed response. The two aren't necessarily coupled.

2tall

First Name
Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
I have been looking into Accutune Fox 2.5’s and oem Mohave springs. I believe Mohave springs are more suited for high speed driving (highway) and include a 1” lift at the front (leveling). Accutune “custom” valves the shocks for your driving style included in the price.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
So, I'm debating on going with a set of Falcon 3.3 shocks (or similar) and an American Adventure Labs hi-line fender kit as opposed to a lift. I know my choice is probably the unpopular one, since the majority of people love tossing on monster truck tires and going as high as possible, but that's just not how I use my JT. My reasoning for this is:

1. There is a very slim chance that I will ever go beyond 35" tires. And a 0% chance that I will ever go beyond 37". I have not had any real tire clearance issues.
2. I want better riding shocks both on and off road, and more articulation, without the excess height and heightened center of gravity of a lift.
3. I want to eliminate any potential tire clearance issues at max flex.

Pros and cons of this decision vs going with a full on lift? My rig is a bit heavy as setup. With that in mind, are there any suspension components that it would be proactive to upgrade (again, without lifting)?

Open to any ideas, information, or suggestions.
Did you ever end up with a setup you were happy with?
Sponsored