Upgrading factory lighting

Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
Just replace my DRL to LED and now I’m gonna replace everything else. I have the max tow package, is there anything I should know about converting to LED? Do the headlight bulbs require a resistor or anything or can I just buy any h13 9008 LED bulbs?
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I replaced my headlights and fog lights with LED bulbs no issues, plug and play

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
There are several threads in the lighting area about this topic exactly. I have the same as you and I did my DRLs and headlights only to LEDs and no problems. Some people have issues with flickering but I haven't. I do seem to get flashed every now and then though...

OP
OP
Davesnothereman

Davesnothereman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Liberty
There are several threads in the lighting area about this topic exactly. I have the same as you and I did my DRLs and headlights only to LEDs and no problems. Some people have issues with flickering but I haven't. I do seem to get flashed every now and then though...
Yeah, that seems kinda weird. I’m replacing all the bulbs but I think I’m gonna replace the headlights with new headlights. It’s 2020... why do we still have to replace factory lighting??

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Yeah, that seems kinda weird. I’m replacing all the bulbs but I think I’m gonna replace the headlights with new headlights. It’s 2020... why do we still have to replace factory lighting??
Cost savings. 5 cents over 20k vehicles or more a year adds up.

Sponsored

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
It depends what brands you buy. Some have the proper resistance built in and some you have to activate the led option in the TIPM with tazer/jscan or other unit(or pay the dealer to do it)

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Just replace my DRL to LED and now I’m gonna replace everything else. I have the max tow package, is there anything I should know about converting to LED? Do the headlight bulbs require a resistor or anything or can I just buy any h13 9008 LED bulbs?
Hello, if you use ORACLE Lighting LED bulbs there is no need for adding resistance, flashing the ECU, no codes, etc.

Our V-Series bulbs even work with Gladiator factory 6V DRL!
https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-h13-vseries-led-headlight-bulb-conversion-kit

Use coupon code "forum10" for 10% off your order.

Jeep Gladiator Upgrading factory lighting v-series_vs_stock-2

Sponsored