TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I should have been specific - the Android Auto wireless.........
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PQ95GY4?ref=vse_pfo_vdp

And it's odd that it's BT because one of the reasons given by uconnect, and Google for Android Auto needing to be wired and not Bluetooth is because BT doesn't have the capability to handle the traffic. Go to Google support where people as asking why not BT instead of wired and that's the Google answer - bluetooth can't handle it.
Hmmmmmm.......... and yet there's a Motorola device for - AA with BT.
Ahh gotcha, my bad. That's a neat little device! I may need to keep an eye out for one myself to give it a try.

And yeah, that is an odd situation. I wonder what the difference is...
Sponsored

cafecito

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Corporate Tool
Awesome job on this dude!

So, no intention to hijack whatsoever, but I'm in a similar situation, but I'd like to be able to have this kind of command center work with my phone charging cable and Android Auto. Is there a way to "tap" into a USB line like you did with the 12v power?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome job on this dude!

So, no intention to hijack whatsoever, but I'm in a similar situation, but I'd like to be able to have this kind of command center work with my phone charging cable and Android Auto. Is there a way to "tap" into a USB line like you did with the 12v power?
Can't tap into USB like you can power (or cable TV for that matter) - you have to use a USB hub or at the very least a USB splitter cable - but I'd leery of such devices................they are for charging, not traffic. They also don't support Android Auto or Apple's CarPlay.

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
110v cable connected to 12v 🧐
I mentioned in the first paragraph that I accidentally bought the wrong hub. That was a quickly self-correcting mistake. 😅

Sponsored

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
I can't believe I'm asking this question, because it is kinda a pet peeve of mine. Do you have a link to the hub that you ended up using (correct one)? I don't see a dc powered USB charger hub on ravpower site. I found a Chinese knock off on Amazon, but I prefer to not use Amazon and USA made if possible.

I was thinking about doing something similar, and then stumbled on your thread.

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe I'm asking this question, because it is kinda a pet peeve of mine. Do you have a link to the hub that you ended up using (correct one)? I don't see a dc powered USB charger hub on ravpower site. I found a Chinese knock off on Amazon, but I prefer to not use Amazon and USA made if possible.

I was thinking about doing something similar, and then stumbled on your thread.
The Ravpower was the 110v one I mistakenly ordered. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a 12v one from them. I ended up going with a highly rated random brand one. This is the one I used:

Car Charger, AI AIKENUO 96W Quick... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779D7DFG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Still going strong without a single issue, so no complaints here!

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
The Ravpower was the 110v one I mistakenly ordered. Unfortunately, I was unable to find a 12v one from them. I ended up going with a highly rated random brand one. This is the one I used:

Car Charger, AI AIKENUO 96W Quick... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779D7DFG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Still going strong without a single issue, so no complaints here!
Yep that is the one I found too. I was hoping you had found a source that I missed. It does have a ton of reviews, 80% of them 5 star.

Glad to hear it is working well for you. Thanks!

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator, 2011 JKU rubicon
I blatantly stole your idea. Used bullet point mounts and hid the power block under the mount.

thanks for the inspiration !!!
Jeep Gladiator Upper Dash Charging Hub 15F5315A-B4F7-46FC-ABCF-8D5B5A2DA8FC
Jeep Gladiator Upper Dash Charging Hub 57805D90-A8F2-48BC-8F48-CFC7A9751FFB
Jeep Gladiator Upper Dash Charging Hub 8654DCB5-3CE2-4F0B-B21A-E82B5BD7E98C

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I blatantly stole your idea. Used bullet point mounts and hid the power block under the mount.

thanks for the inspiration !!!
Haha, no issues here! Looks like it turned out well! Still no issues with the setup on my end, so I can still highly recommend a configuration like this.

Sponsored

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
Haha, no issues here! Looks like it turned out well! Still no issues with the setup on my end, so I can still highly recommend a configuration like this.
This is a great build/mod write up. Thank you! “Free state gladiator” most likely solved this issue already for me, but when poking around under the dash, would there have been enough room to put your USB hub under the dash (behind/above/side-of stereo)? I was considering the same basic solution but with USB extension cables poking up through the top dash tray.

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is a great build/mod write up. Thank you! “Free state gladiator” most likely solved this issue already for me, but when poking around under the dash, would there have been enough room to put your USB hub under the dash (behind/above/side-of stereo)? I was considering the same basic solution but with USB extension cables poking up through the top dash tray.
No worries! Glad you're digging it!

Hmm...it's been over two years since I've had eyes under there. I think it could be done. Probably not with my big old honking 6 port hub, but I could definitely see a slimmer one fitting under there. That'd be a pretty damn clean solution. If you decide to go that route, I'd love to see how it turns out! If I end up finding the time, I may try to experiment with that myself.

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 gladiator, 2011 JKU rubicon
Yea I think with standard radio there would be room on top.
Sponsored