Used Glad Prices?

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Am I missing something. I have been looking at used Glads and the big car sites are listing used one's for more than the original sticker. Are people so desperate to buy something right now that they are actually buying these things at an obviously over inflated price?
Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Must be. I’ve been witnessing the same thing, and they are selling.
Dealer told me it’s cheaper to build and order.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The sites that offer used cars and buy used cars from individuals are OFFERING buy bids for more than the JT was purchased.

I have received a few emails from Carvana offering me almost 10% more than I paid.

So, something or someone is driving this.

OP
OP

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The sites that offer used cars and buy used cars from individuals are OFFERING buy bids for more than the JT was purchased.

I have received a few emails from Carvana offering me almost 10% more than I paid.

So, something or someone is driving this.
We see 'panic' buying all the time. Leads people to do really crazy stuff... buy 100s of rolls of TP, put gas in plastic bags, purchase every bottle of hand sanitizer in your tri-state area, etc. I have my eye on a new one but I can wait and told one dealer that already.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
Just saw a used Punk'n on a local Mazda lot yesterday. I just looked it up. Their asking price is $41,969. I did a VIN look up and the original window sticker was $42,890.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We see 'panic' buying all the time. Leads people to do really crazy stuff... buy 100s of rolls of TP, put gas in plastic bags, purchase every bottle of hand sanitizer in your tri-state area, etc. I have my eye on a new one but I can wait and told one dealer that already.
So much of this panic buying is fueled by the media hyping it up. I saw on the news the other day there was a shortage on chicken. Funny I went to the meat market I frequent and bought 12.5lbs easily. They had plenty and were even running a special on chicken.

OP
OP

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw a loaded Overland on the vroom site priced $10k more than the original sticker... If these dealers get too desperate they'll get stuck with overpriced used cars in the summer

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did notice a change in sales at the dealer I bought my Gladiator from. They are selling in stock units at msrp minus incentives. If you order it's their usual 4% under invoice plus incentives.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
This is the whole reason I'm in a Gladiator. Local dealer offered me $8K more for my 2019 Tundra than I paid for it new. I assumed they were full of BS, but nope, went down and they just really wanted used truck inventory. I didn't even have to buy something from them, but worked a good deal on a '21 Gladiator since I needed something to drive.

Used truck prices are truly nuts right now.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the whole reason I'm in a Gladiator. Local dealer offered me $8K more for my 2019 Tundra than I paid for it new. I assumed they were full of BS, but nope, went down and they just really wanted used truck inventory. I didn't even have to buy something from them, but worked a good deal on a '21 Gladiator since I needed something to drive.

Used truck prices are truly nuts right now.
I hadn't really noticed until today. Local Toyota dealer's lot is damn near empty. Local Chevy dealer has maybe a few Silverados and not too many other new vehicles.

Sponsored

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
I am an ex dealer. I can tell you that there is no inventory. Auctions are dead and prices are insane for the garbage that is available. Dealers need inventory, basically the reason you can trade your pandemic bought Sport S on a new Mojave for cheap. If any dealer low balls your trade right now, move on to the next. Very similar situation in housing now.

SnazzGlad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
There’s a dealer by me selling a 2020 base sport for 41 with 27k miles on it. I paid less for my 21 sport s with a lot more options. I’m glad I bought mine when I did.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I just got home from driving about 4,000 miles in my 2020 JT Rubicon 3.6L with MT towing a small trailer, I am on 37's with 4.88's but after the drive, I am really considering taking advantage of the market and trading mine on a eco diesel. I wanted it when I ordered mine, but the diesel wasn't available yet and I also really wanted a manual transmission, but I had a Ram 1500 eco diesel and I liked it a lot and am beginning to really miss it. The only problem is inventory like others have said. The local dealerships have a ton of JTs but no diesels on the lot and after going through the order process, I would prefer to avoid it. I also don't know if I want to go through building another rig...$ for that isn't as free now as it was when I built this one.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I have had the dealership send me info multiple times asking me to come in and consider trading in or selling them my JT.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
I have had the dealership send me info multiple times asking me to come in and consider trading in or selling them my JT.
That's what got me ha, so be careful! I loved my Tundra, but just couldn't pass up the crazy high offer the dealer made me.

But, also loving my Gladiator, just for different reasons. Make sure if you sell, you can get back into something you'll like or at least works until this crazy market changes.
Sponsored