OP

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I paid $29k for my Z71 Colorado with 16k miles in January 2019. I just got offered $29k to trade it with 41k. I did lift it a do a few mods but wow.
Sponsored

Lush

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2020 Expedition Max
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I actually just lucked out on my deal really. As much as I wanted to get a mojave or rubicon, I was not finding any deals on used ones, and new ones were just out of what I wanted to spend. Was close to considering a brand new sport altitude, but then I ran across my overland for around the same price as a new sport altitude or willys, with way more goodies and only 1600 miles on it.

After my trade in, which I got more than I paid for a couple years ago hilariously, I made out really well on it and couldn't be happier.

Pretty wild market for sure, and honestly not a great time to be shopping used unless you either get lucky as I did or simply cannot wait to just order what you want and wait for it.

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
Why buy used, when ordering one from one of the under invoice dealers on here is the same price, or even cheaper....

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I know the pandemic shortages are driving this making money on cars but, I had wanted a Jeep for a very long time before I actually purchased the JT. At least with a Warngler I never felt it made sense to buy used when ordering would give you exactly what you wanted for just a little more due to the residual values and in a few years you’d lose very little money on it. It is still left to be seen if it’ll be true for the Gladiator.

Sponsored

Pigman67

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Asset/fleet MGR
I ended up buying my used 21 Mojave 3 weeks ago.

I couldn't find the color/package I wanted anywhere close to me.

I paid $54 with 16K for miles. Original sticker was $62.

I feel I got a good deal.

shokker70

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Texas Trail
The sites that offer used cars and buy used cars from individuals are OFFERING buy bids for more than the JT was purchased.

I have received a few emails from Carvana offering me almost 10% more than I paid.

So, something or someone is driving this.
That's odd. Carvana was the worst for me. $6k under where it should have been according to other offers I received. $51k from a dealer site unseen and $49k from Carmax. Carvana was $45k.

Lumberjack_MC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I ended up buying my used 21 Mojave 3 weeks ago.

I couldn't find the color/package I wanted anywhere close to me.

I paid $54 with 16K for miles. Original sticker was $62.

I feel I got a good deal.
Not bad, I am ordering a new one. MSRP 62k paying 55k.

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Am I missing something. I have been looking at used Glads and the big car sites are listing used one's for more than the original sticker. Are people so desperate to buy something right now that they are actually buying these things at an obviously over inflated price?
All cars. My wife's car was totaled last month and as we tried to find her a replacement we found out buying new (if you can find one) was actually cheaper than buying a used one.
Sponsored