First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Fraud Investigation
I already have my control number issued and it now looks like my JT will be delivered on day 25-26. I know Tread Lightly says you need to wait 30 days before using the control number but I'm curious what happens if I give my dealer the number a few days early. Does it simply not work? I know waiting a few more days isn't a huge deal but I'm just curious.
Sponsored

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
I was told by a couple dealers that they can't stack the Tread Lighting and FCA Control Numbers together.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
Tread Lightly issues you an FCA control number, just went through it. If yours starts with 2 letters and a string of numbers, they may have accidentally issued your early. Couldn't hurt to try. I got one early that I thought would work but it was not alphanumeric, just a string of numbers. Not until day 30 did my actual working number come.

The dude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I got my control number but FCA will not clear it until day 31. I had to wait 6 days after my JT came in to process paperwork at dealer

OP
OP
Artagan

Artagan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Fraud Investigation
So as an update myself my dealership actually let me take the JT home two days before my 30 days. I think timing wise it helped that I went in on a Friday and the 30 day mark was a Sunday. The dealership simply didn't actually process any of the paperwork until Monday morning so everything was in the clear.
Sponsored