First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Saw your edit later. I hope this is the case. You had me considering changing our plans.

I am also curious if you have any recommendations on beach driving. I would like to one day drive and park for a full beach day. Any specific area you suggest? What all do I need to know?
I Edited it because it has been awhile since I've seen BCR going on. I did some research and it looks like they stopped doing it. With that said - I would have advised you to avoid Daytona if it was going on. No two ways to say it, BCR was not something you would have enjoyed being around with the family.

Driving on the beach. You can access the beach from a multitude of beach ramps off A1A. $20 a day with one free re-entry. The ramp attendant will provide you with the rules of the beach. If you go to Daytona with a Jeep you need to take a drive on the sand and take some pictures. Who knows how much longer they are going to allow it. It isn't anything technical though, any vehicle can get on a drive it most days. Take the top off and enjoy the drive. Two things that make it great.
1. You can bring all your beach gear with you in the Jeep. No unpacking and dragging through a parking lot.
2. If someone parks next to you and is being obnoxious, throw everything in the Jeep and drive to another spot.
Sponsored

GobiGlad386

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland North Edition; 2014 Dodge Challenger R/T 6spd 100th Anniversary
Occupation
Appraiser
Bring the soft top down! Weather is great this time of year here. You'll be happy to have it down when you're on the beach. For less rowdy crowds stay further south from Daytona, in the Port Orange area. Keep the top up and doors on overnight or you may find a hobo sleeping or defecating in your Jeep in the AM (half kidding/half serious)

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Professional criminals take note of out of state plates to prey on them, especially if you come from a non-ccw state. Take this how you will but FL has shall issue CCW and the criminals don't like getting shot by locals but they may get away with it with tourists. That's according to those gun pundits. FL residents may wish to chime in.

Spring break is generally a bad time to go anywhere that's popular. I had a 3.5 hour road trip turn into 6+ hours thanks to the traffic on the roads everywhere.

Just be aware of your surroundings at all times. Tourists are always going to be noticed by the bad element no matter what. Hard tops will always be harder to break into compared to a soft top, especially a soft top jeep that has the easy to take apart individual soft top panels everywhere.
Glad I’m from a CCW state! Hopefully the criminals won’t tread on me. Because I do carry.

I’m not gonna let criminals help me decide if I want to roll with soft top or hard top. If they want to destroy my vehicle it will be for nothing. Because I won’t be keeping anything of value in it while we are not in it. However, material things are not my concern. It’s when they threaten the lives of my family when I will use whatever force necessary.

I think you for the heads up, and I will do my best to be prepared and keep my family safe. While still having a good time.

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Bring the soft top down! Weather is great this time of year here. You'll be happy to have it down when you're on the beach. For less rowdy crowds stay further south from Daytona, in the Port Orange area. Keep the top up and doors on overnight or you may find a hobo sleeping or defecating in your Jeep in the AM (half kidding/half serious)
Thanks! Yeah I definitely don’t want a hobo whatever in my Jeep.

Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely try those areas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
I Edited it because it has been awhile since I've seen BCR going on. I did some research and it looks like they stopped doing it. With that said - I would have advised you to avoid Daytona if it was going on. No two ways to say it, BCR was not something you would have enjoyed being around with the family.

Driving on the beach. You can access the beach from a multitude of beach ramps off A1A. $20 a day with one free re-entry. The ramp attendant will provide you with the rules of the beach. If you go to Daytona with a Jeep you need to take a drive on the sand and take some pictures. Who knows how much longer they are going to allow it. It isn't anything technical though, any vehicle can get on a drive it most days. Take the top off and enjoy the drive. Two things that make it great.
1. You can bring all your beach gear with you in the Jeep. No unpacking and dragging through a parking lot.
2. If someone parks next to you and is being obnoxious, throw everything in the Jeep and drive to another spot.
Exactly what my plans are. Thanks for all the great info.

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Got to take it on the beach yesterday with all our beach stuff. That is the way to do it! Unfortunately, we got kicked off around 2PM for high tide. We didn’t even get to use our free pass back on same day. Any suggestions from those who have done this? Maybe a way we can talk them into letting us back on another day without paying again? I know it’s a long shot but any recommendations would be appreciated.
Jeep Gladiator Vacation! Soft top or hard top?? 725DC50A-F024-460C-BDBB-E0F06D7A9938
Jeep Gladiator Vacation! Soft top or hard top?? 148E042B-CCF2-4877-AA00-B290804DBD26

57A4C025-32C4-4571-8A05-1593AEFA5E32.jpeg

Last edited:

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Unfortunately we are in that time of year that high tide happens in the middle of the afternoon and it gets pretty high up into the traffic lanes. There really is nothing you can do about it. $ 20 a day is a pretty steep fee to pay to just get on the beach, but the money is used for the greater good.
KevinC

OP
OP
smorris18

smorris18

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S MT (on order)
Occupation
Business Owner
Unfortunately we are in that time of year that high tide happens in the middle of the afternoon and it gets pretty high up into the traffic lanes. There really is nothing you can do about it. $ 20 a day is a pretty steep fee to pay to just get on the beach, but the money is used for the greater good.
KevinC
I really don’t mind paying $20 if I know I’m getting a full day. It cost about $20 just to rent chairs and an umbrella they setup for you. I would much rather pack my own and be able to go where I want all day with the addition of driving right on the beach for that. That makes for a great day on the beach.

I understand the risk and why they have to do that at high tide. Just wish there was some policy in place that you could use your second enter, at least the next day.

I’m not complaining though. I know there will come a day they won’t have any driving on the beach. So I want to enjoy while I can.

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Check out st. augustine if you have time. One of the coolest places in the states. Also, if your kids are old enough to snorkel freely, the <1hr drive to one of the springs in Ocala National Forest is really a bucket list opportunity. Silver SPrings or Alexander are both very convenient and unique.
Sponsored