Sponsored

VenomRex wheels - New off road Flow-Forged technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Here's my JL :)

IMG_2465_2000x.jpg
That JL is gorgeous! And here in BC, we're also not allowed to have any tire tread poke; personal experience indicates that the amount of poke on your JL would go unnoticed by the police unless you were doing something blatantly illegal on the road and gave the officer some attitude to make him/her send you for an inspection.

We're also not allowed to run door-less. :crying: Though the same rule as above applies; if you have side-mirrors you *might* be okay, depending on the municipality you are in, but get a cop in a bad mood and you'd get a ticket for that and every other infraction, including exposed tread.
Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe in the future as we grow we can offer higher offsets for you guys in PA to help support. Anything I can do to help support my fellow Jeep community and everyones input here is greatly appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
Awesome, thanks for the great reply!

OP
OP
VenomRex

VenomRex

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
venomrex.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
That JL is gorgeous! And here in BC, we're also not allowed to have any tire tread poke; personal experience indicates that the amount of poke on your JL would go unnoticed by the police unless you were doing something blatantly illegal on the road and gave the officer some attitude to make him/her send you for an inspection.

We're also not allowed to run door-less. :crying: Though the same rule as above applies; if you have side-mirrors you *might* be okay, depending on the municipality you are in, but get a cop in a bad mood and you'd get a ticket for that and every other infraction, including exposed tread.
Thank you! Excited to start building my Gladiator here soon too!

And yes, as always, treat the police well and be polite, and don't do anything stupid on the road, and you can go decades without ever being bothered!

Fortunately the Jeep community is made up of a lot of really great people, so we have a great reputation going for us!

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
PLEASE consider making us a wheel with a higher offset than what’s currently offered. Something around +25 or +30! AEV is the only ones doing this and I think another option would be great. The wide track axles on our trucks push all these current wheels too far out of our fenders.
I agree with you about higher offset wheels. Not all of us want zero offset! There are other options, however. I went with Method Race Wheels 313 design, and they are available in +25 offset. Also flow formed in this new design, they're even lighter than the venoms

20190905_102159.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
VenomRex

VenomRex

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
venomrex.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I agree with you about higher offset wheels. Not all of us want zero offset! There are other options, however. I went with Method Race Wheels 313 design, and they are available in +25 offset. Also flow formed in this new design, they're even lighter than the venoms

20190905_102159.jpg
Touche, about a 1b lighter, however hard to make that comparison as our VR-501 is wider than the method 313. Also we are more than $100 less expensive per wheel than Method's offering and have a more technical and aesthetic design.

We were the first to market with flow formed technology and had the lightest weight on the market. Now looks like we have some friendly competition from Method. Game on :)

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Touche, about a 1b lighter, however hard to make that comparison as our VR-501 is wider than the method 313. Also we are more than $100 less expensive per wheel than Method's offering and have a more technical and aesthetic design.

We were the first to market with flow formed technology and had the lightest weight on the market. Now looks like we have some friendly competition from Method. Game on :)
giphy.gif

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
Oddly, these501 wheels came up in my ebay recommended listings today. I'm a fan of bronze wheels and based on the price I had to click the ad. THis led me down the path of researching these wheels (mainly offsets) and that research brought me right back to this forum and thread. Pretty cool the manufacturer is right here answering questions and comments. Great looking wheel designs. I really like the 501's. Put me on the list for people hoping for a +25ish offset in the future.

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro RS, 2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
VenomRex is proud to be the latest sponsor of the Jeep Gladiator Forums and we have some awesome new products we have introduced for the off road community!

For years, the off road wheel industry has been 20 years behind in design, engineering, and technology when compared to the motorsport aftermarket industry, but we are here to change that! As the oem's like Jeep are now releasing their latest vehicle models with modern designs, high end build materials, and packed full of the latest technology, we felt that the off road industry really needed a wheel brand that fit these latest off road Jeeps and trucks. Vorsteiner, VenomRex's parent company, is a family owned business and has been around for nearly 20 years as a very successful carbon composite and wheel brand. So naturally, building high quality, strong, and light weight products comes naturally for us.

Jon Sackett run's our VenomRex brand and some of you may know him from the instagram @bearded.wrangler . Jon has been a Jeep owner since 16 years old and has had every iteration of the wrangler from the early YJ to the current JL and soon JT. Jon has a life long experience and passion in Jeep's and off roading and is the perfect fit to spearhead the path, designs, and marketing of our new wheel brand.

Currently, we offer for Jeep's our VR-501 wheel design in both 17'' and 20'' in the perfect hubcentric fitment for your JL or JT (or even older JK!) We also have two more wheel series underdevelopment for early 2020 including multiple new true bead lock and simulated bead lock designs.

Jeep Gladiator VenomRex wheels - New off road Flow-Forged technology giphy

So what makes our wheels different?

Well to start off, the designs. Instead of most wheels on the market, which are just a circular disc with some basic geometric shapes stamped out of them, we spend a lot of time creatively and passionately designing our wheels adding lots of depth and style to every inch of our designs. Jeep did the same thing when designing the new JL and Gladiator, so we saw it fitting that customers had the option to not just through a circular chunk of metal on these new Jeeps, but put pieces of art that compliment the overall aesthetic.

Next comes the technology. Every single other off road wheel on the market (besides some fully forged offerings) are manufactured via casting. The casting manufacturing process is the cheapest, heaviest, and lowest quality manufacturing process on the planet for making wheels. In the motorsport market, cast wheels are only sold and used generally on those civic rice buckets you can get from your local used car lot for a couple thousand bucks. Casting is done by liquidating an aluminum alloy, pouring it into a mold of the wheel design, and their you have your wheel! The melting down of the aluminum alloy and pouring it into a mold, breaks apart the chemical molecular bond of the alloy and makes it weaker. To compensate for the weakened material, generally wheel manufactures have to increase the thickness of the wheel in order to make sure it will not break while your cruising down your favorite trail. The other manufacturing process out there in the off road industry is Forged. Now for a second, recall that documentary you watched on the history channel late at night years ago, about Japanese samurai warriors and how the legendary samurai swords were made back in the day. They would use the highest grade alloys, and take a large chunk of it and heat it up, but not to the point where it liquidated, but just glowing red hot enough where they could start hammering it, and folding it over itself, and continue this process until they forged it into the shape of a blade. This forging process was how these swords were so strong and would virtually never break. Well a forged wheel, starts as essentially a solid block of that high quality, raw alloy material. Then, a very large and expensive CNC machine cuts the design from that solid block, and walla, your forged wheel. Due to the cost of these machines, and the time it takes to cut just one wheel, this is generally why forged wheels will set you back at least $4,000 for a set of 4.

Now, comes in our flow forged technology. First, we create a mold of just the face of the wheel, we then liquidate the aluminum alloy and pour it into that casting and let it cool. This cast has excess material just around the outer back lip of the face. Next, we heat that excess material, not too the point of it liquidating, but till its glowing hot and mandible just like those ancient samurai swords, and a set of pressurized rollers, forges the material down into the shape of the barrel, consistently pulling the material over its self, just like the ancient black smiths would fold the material into itself. Now, we have re forged the entire barrel of the wheel, allowing it to be significantly thinner and lighter, but way stronger.

https://venomrex.com/pages/technology

So, what does all this mean for you? It means you can purchase a slick looking wheel for your Gladiator that in 17x9 sizing only weighs 24 lbs per wheel. Most other wheels on the market weigh well over 30 lbs and sometimes over 40 lbs per wheel. So you are looking at an average 10lb saving per wheel versus other competitors.

"but VenomRex, why should I care about 10lbs? I am adding heavy roof top tents, steel bumpers and skid plates, lighting, lots of weight"

Well yes, 10lbs to us truck guys might not seem like a whole lot of savings, except for the fact that since the wheel is the only part on your vehicle that actually moves while you are traveling cross country, or wheeling down your favorite trail, you have to factor in what's called "rotational mass". Since your truck takes effort to move and spin the wheel, lightening up your wheels provides roughly a 3x factor due to the rotation of the wheels and kinetic energy involved. So, that 10 lb weight saving, is actually a 30lb weight saving, per corner of your truck, so at least 120lbs over all. Have you ever added a steel front and rear bumper and a winch, and watched your MPG's drop a few notches? Well imagine if you could add those parts, but gain those mpgs back with just switching out to a better looking, light weight wheel?! Not only will you expereince better MPGS, but since you are saving on average that 30lbs per wheel in rotational mass, you will notice that your acceleration has improved, since your truck needs less effort to spin up those wheels. Braking? Yea you will put significantly less stress on your brakes since you will need less energy to slow down the mass of the lighter rotating wheel.

Well that's our shpeel. If you have any other questions about our product, please send us a DM and Jon will be glad to help you out. We will be offering lots of great incentives and giveaways for the Gladiator forum members, and will be out at events across the country and hosting trail runs for our customers. We now leave you with some cool wallpapers for you to enjoy!

I am still new to trying to understand all the lingo that goes along with changing wheels and tire sizes.....in the picture of the orange gladiator you are running the 17" wheels with 285/70/17 correct? Is anything else changed on the suspension or wheels spacers installed? I like the look of how they are pictured but would want to make sure I would be legal in PA with how far it looks like they stick out....

Any info is appreciated!

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got an email that some wheels are available for pre order and Iv'e had my eye on a set but have always wanted to take advantage of your buy 3 get 1 free sales. Is this something you could honor as a forum member?

Sponsored

ATLTiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
So I really want some bronze 17" 501s for Christmas. Are they going to be back in stock by then? Also, are you going to do buy 3 get the 4th free this year?

Reactions: CP4

CP4

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I really want some bronze 17" 501s for Christmas. Are they going to be back in stock by then? Also, are you going to do buy 3 get the 4th free this year?
I would also like to know if this sale will be available again.....

tcramer11

First Name
todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Cayenne
Unfortunately this most likely won't happen. The reason AEV is the only one doing it is because they work with OEM a lot and keep things within conservative OEM specs. Problem is when you really want to use the truck for offroading, and perform better than stock, and increase the tire size to do that, then you run into issues with rubbing the frame and suspension. This is why everyone else use more aggressive offsets than OEM because 90% of customers are looking to modify their Jeep more aggressively and to perform better.

However, our wheel fitment actually does sit within the fender wells. The poke you potentially get is not from the wheel, but from the exact tire size and model you choose. so if you want to go with a conservative look, and not have any poke, you can still run our wheels, but just use a smaller tire thats not as wide and you will be all good!
Hi new to all this. I was wondering what all terain 35 tire you would recommend to go with your 501 wheel. I dont want it sticking outside fender and most of all I want it to drive on road near exact to the OEM rubicon with 33s I have now. Is this possible? When is your next sale ready to buy if you have a code?

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Any chance you will be making this for the JT? It would look f'ing fantastic on my Sting Gray Ecodiesel
Jeep Gladiator VenomRex wheels - New off road Flow-Forged technology Screenshot_20210515-223841
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.