jackalope
Active Member
- First Name
- Jerry
- Joined
- Apr 3, 2024
- Threads
- 1
- Messages
- 33
- Reaction score
- 57
- Location
- Boulder, CO
- Vehicle(s)
- 2023 Diesel Gladiator Willys
That’s awesome! I still think it’s a great top, I just wish the installers knew what they were doing.The dudes that installed mine used the ones you found on Amazon. I’ve never had any issues with the topper shifting around. Sorry about your paint job on the cab
I love how well it matches the non painted hard top. If I ever need one, I’d go this route. I’ve matches the body line well too. It looks so bad to have painted and non painted mixed up or the hideous metal ones that don’t match the body lines and all and look like pop pops truck from the 80s.Picked up a Venturous Ozark topper yesterday. I went with the orange interior for better visibility, didn't care for the black (apparently there are five color options). It includes a power block that has two USB ports plus you can wire lights into it. Came with RhinoRack tracks on top. 1500 lbs static roof load capacity, 750 lbs moving. All for around $4200. Weighs only 125 lbs.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I think in the ownership instructions I read something about taking it easy and not washing it for a certain amount of time (a couple weeks or a month, can't remember) once it is installed, to allow the paint to fully cure. Seems like the paint is a little soft. Mine has a few pinstripe smudges from tree limbs in the woods.And it is installed. Went to remove (de-badge) the "Venturous" badge on the rear tonight and ended up removing the paint as well. I've done a lot of de-badging but never had that happen before. Probably have to repaint the thing now. It is a nice topper. Not too sure how good the paint is though??? (please ignore the spare tire. Put 285s on and one was bad and they had to order me another one.)
![]()
The door windows and roof rails were add ons. I didn't get the interior light. The window tint could be darker, but other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with it.Looks great. Did ya get any add ons for it?
How much taller were they? I looked at mine and didn't think much taller would work. I had seen your post several weeks ago and I agree, the side windows need to open higher.After a month or so, I went back to the dealer and had longer support pistons put on the side windows. My wife and I kept smacking our heads on the latches when we were camping and reaching in for things. See before and after pics:
![]()
![]()
Yeah I read those directions/advice after the fact........on well.I think in the ownership instructions I read something about taking it easy and not washing it for a certain amount of time (a couple weeks or a month, can't remember) once it is installed, to allow the paint to fully cure. Seems like the paint is a little soft. Mine has a few pinstripe smudges from tree limbs in the woods.
I do like how well it matches the factory matte hardtop though.
They increase the height by several inchesHow much taller were they? I looked at mine and didn't think much taller would work. I had seen your post several weeks ago and I agree, the side windows need to open higher.