Sponsored

Verification of calculations for new wheels/ tires on Gladiator Overland with 2” MOPAR lift

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Hey all,

I have been trolling and trying to figure out the correct tire and wheel size for my Gladiator Overland to keep my wheels relatively flush w/ stock fenders. I have a 2” MOPAR lift, FOX Factory Race Series 2.0 ATS Stabilizer, and Synergy MFG Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace for reference.

I am planning on matte black 20x9 fuel vapor wheels which I believe have a +20 mm offset. I am planning to run those with 35” 295/65 A/T Tires.
I believe this setup will have my wheels /tires stick out 44mm or 1.7” further than the stock wheels/tires which I am okay with as the amount they stick out past the fender will likely be a bit less than 1.7” and I will not run into any rubbing issues.

A few questions for this esteemed community:

1) Are my calculations above correct?
2) Are there options available that would be more flush than that? (I don’t really want to go narrower than 9” wide wheel)
3) Best A/T tire that has an aggressive look but not too noisy (daily driver - mostly roads and highway driving). I have read good things about BFG ko2s (with some slightly concerning outliers) and Nitto grapplers (but haven’t been able to find grapplers in the size mentioned above). I would greatly appreciate hearIng your thoughts/ experiences/ recommendations here.
4) Any possibility of getting 10” wide wheels that stay somewhat flush with stock fenders? I want to avoid negative offset if possible for many reasons I have read on this forum! Any real advantage to having 10” wide wheel versus 9” wide?
5) Will a full size spare of the same kind mentioned above fit in the spare spot underneath the truck?
6) Any ballpark educated guesses on impact to MPG figures? I have a hard tonneau cover, throttle body spacer, and Corsa CAI which seem to marginally help a bit with MPG thus far.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to a robust discussion that hopefully helps others in the future! This is like $4,000 drop so wanted to get some affirmation/ confirmation from this community prior to ordering as it’s not so easy to really see these combos in person prior to ordering and returning if they aren’t right is a hassle I’d rather avoid.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BrightWhiteGladiator

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
I went with 20x9 +22 matte black Fuel Vapors wrapped in General Grabber A/TX E LT35X12.5R-20’s. According to calculations, these should stick out 2.1” further than the stock wheels & tires.

/Thread