Sponsored

VIN assigned in 3 days time

GCoop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Mojave ( ̶O̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶)
I'm like a kid trying to wait patiently for Christmas. Got my VON last Friday, and then my salesman was going on vacation . He's due back Thursday, so hopefully I'll get my VIN then. My brain knows my Jeep will be done when it's done, and me knowing the VIN won't speed that up. But damnit, I want it now!
If you have the VON Jeep Chat can get your VIN from that if it has already been assigned.
Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
If you have the VON Jeep Chat can get your VIN from that if it has already been assigned.
I know. But my salesman promised he would send me the VIN and POC when he got back from vacation. That's tomorrow. Gotta let the man earn his commission. Besides, like I said, knowing the VIN doesn't speed up the process. It's just more torture. Like when there were presents under the tree with your name on it, and Christmas was still weeks away. Torture.

Hey, thanks to this group I'm already way more informed about the order process. When we ordered the JK in 2016, It was basically "It will get here when it gets here, and when it gets here we'll call you."

Reactions: A 2
OP
OP
Dotson409ss

Dotson409ss

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator diesel rubicon
Occupation
Railway
Are you guys asking for the VIN or are they e-mailing this to you?

Are you going through Jeep Chat?
My dealer sent it . Delivery date 6/2/21

McCLoude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 WK2 TH
My dealer sent it . Delivery date 6/2/21
Thanks for a target date. I haven't seen an estimate delivery date from my dealer yet. But we ordered around the same time and for the same trim. Very different locations though. So we'll see.

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Am I reading this right? From ordered to ready to ship in less than 6 days?
Jeep Gladiator VIN assigned in 3 days time 1621011535457
KZ means it’s getting on the train. Where do you get that info?

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
I contacted mine, no update other than D1.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted mine, no update other than D1.
Mine IS pretty basic. I was going for best bang for the buck, and leaving off everything I can add myself for less money. Thing is, my salesperson originally told me 2-3 months if I ordered. Maybe some of that was trying to steer my toward one of the High Altitude Gladiators which were all he had left on the lot. I was thinking 4-6 weeks based on what I read here and not having anything that was reportedly causing delays. I signed up for the TL membership about a week before placing the order, thinking there would be plenty of time to hit that 30 day wait period. Now I'm not so sure.
Jeep Gladiator VIN assigned in 3 days time 1621022765850

Sponsored

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
Mine IS pretty basic. I was going for best bang for the buck, and leaving off everything I can add myself for less money. Thing is, my salesperson originally told me 2-3 months if I ordered. Maybe some of that was trying to steer my toward one of the High Altitude Gladiators which were all he had left on the lot. I was thinking 4-6 weeks based on what I read here and not having anything that was reportedly causing delays. I signed up for the TL membership about a week before placing the order, thinking there would be plenty of time to hit that 30 day wait period. Now I'm not so sure.
1621022765850.png
LOl, I did the same thing. Not my first rodeo. My third factory order—wife’s 218 JLU Sahara, my 2018 JLU Sahara (selling a week before JT delivery). Left off side steps/rails, no bedliner, no floor mats, no graphics, no headliner, and left off some other minor stuff. Same logic. Less time in build for “add-ons, etc.—anything that -avoids sending it to another line where it has to wait. I did go Rubicon diesel though.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOl, I did the same thing. Not my first rodeo. My third factory order—wife’s 218 JLU Sahara, my 2018 JLU Sahara (selling a week before JT delivery). Left off side steps/rails, no bedliner, no floor mats, no graphics, no headliner, and left off some other minor stuff. Same logic. Less time in build for “add-ons, etc.—anything that -avoids sending it to another line where it has to wait. I did go Rubicon diesel though.
I would have loved the Rubi diesel, But my rational for this purchase to my wife (and myself) is to replace my hemi Ram 1500. Getting close to the towing and payload capabilities, while coming in lower in price were priorities. Still kicking myself for not buying a new vehicle a year ago when they were practically giving them away. I almost pulled the trigger on a nicely loaded 1500 for under $30k with a 0% interest loan for 7yrs. But like everyone else, our jobs were very up in the air back then, and I already have 2 mortgages.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Homebrewer
I would have loved the Rubi diesel, But my rational for this purchase to my wife (and myself) is to replace my hemi Ram 1500. Getting close to the towing and payload capabilities, while coming in lower in price were priorities. Still kicking myself for not buying a new vehicle a year ago when they were practically giving them away. I almost pulled the trigger on a nicely loaded 1500 for under $30k with a 0% interest loan for 7yrs. But like everyone else, our jobs were very up in the air back then, and I already have 2 mortgages.
I get it. I’m taking advantage of used car sales values to offload my JL for $10K more than I owe to get this JT that I wanted back in 2018.

Birddog1148

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 86 CJ7, 2010 Ranger 4x4, 95 F150 (2) etc
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I drove by the plant Thursday on my way up to my camp hoping to see my Gladiator. I didn't and checked jeep chat that evening. All parts ready to begin. Today it's in paint. Ordered a week ago today the 8th. Sarge Green Sport S max Tow.
Sponsored