Sponsored

visionx backup lights

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
installed vision x reverse backup lights and wired them to the aux switches. these are amazingly bright!

F746F24C-C4A2-4DDB-AD38-D151B9C7AA24.jpeg

FEE47B9D-4D5D-4AF8-8A95-003C2943FD21.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, they look clean. I have some LED reverse bulbs from headlight revolution I am going to try but if they dont help this is likely the route ill go.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Why not connect them to the existing reverse light power?

OP
OP
salsadoc

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
i wanted to make use of my aux switches and i don’t need them on every time i reverse

Sponsored

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
The wiring harness from Vision X is designed to be a stand alone harness that either uses the switch they provide, or you can wire them to the aux switches from the factory.

I'll be modifying the wiring on my set-up so they're turn on automatically with the reverse lights, and I'll have manual control with the aux switch as well.

1Goodcop

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
The wiring harness from Vision X is designed to be a stand alone harness that either uses the switch they provide, or you can wire them to the aux switches from the factory.

I'll be modifying the wiring on my set-up so they're turn on automatically with the reverse lights, and I'll have manual control with the aux switch as well.

Did you ever do this? I would like to see what you did to do both. Not sure if its different than my JKU

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
installed vision x reverse backup lights and wired them to the aux switches. these are amazingly bright!

F746F24C-C4A2-4DDB-AD38-D151B9C7AA24.jpeg

FEE47B9D-4D5D-4AF8-8A95-003C2943FD21.jpeg
Great Post ! Love those lights. They look super bright. I just ordered a pair ! I think I will also put some Dot 2 red reflector tape on the rest of the light mount --- as shown already by a member on this forum -- in the "what did you do to your gladiator today" thread..

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Too expensive with me not knowing the build quality- and points lost for not being able to plug and play into the reverse lights. I’d really rather not splice. Here’s to hoping another option shows up

Rob_Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1992 Jeep Cherokee, 1947 Bantam T3-C Overland Expedition Trailer
Occupation
Video Host
Did you ever do this? I would like to see what you did to do both. Not sure if its different than my JKU
I haven't done it yet, but will be doing it very soon. We're working on a plug and play back up light harness like we have for the JK that will make this a very easy task without having to cut any factory wires.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Too expensive with me not knowing the build quality- and points lost for not being able to plug and play into the reverse lights. I’d really rather not splice. Here’s to hoping another option shows up
VisionX build quality is spectacular. I just installed a pair of their Light Cannon XP lights up front. But they are ludicrously overpriced for a simple backup light, where any $20 Amazon light will do just as well for the ten seconds they are on. On my JK I just had two 20w Amazon round floods mounted in the spare tire. Worked great for both reversing, and for lighting up camp if needed. I also had the same ones for side lights, and those ran for hours at a time, no issues in 7 years. So I'm looking at doing these lights mounted in a piece of black textured polystyrene sheet.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7CK2DT/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
VisionX build quality is spectacular. I just installed a pair of their Light Cannon XP lights up front. But they are ludicrously overpriced for a simple backup light, where any $20 Amazon light will do just as well for the ten seconds they are on. On my JK I just had two 20w Amazon round floods mounted in the spare tire. Worked great for both reversing, and for lighting up camp if needed. I also had the same ones for side lights, and those ran for hours at a time, no issues in 7 years. So I'm looking at doing these lights mounted in a piece of black textured polystyrene sheet.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S7CK2DT/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
Ive never had a cheap light fail outright on me, but the build quality is always apparent in my experience. Peeing paint within a year or so, brittle wire insulation that cracks and crumbles, etc. I’d much rather pay the premium upfront for high quality Rigid or KC leds, with a failsafe plug and play installation. The Vision X sounds like it could be that quality I’m looking for, but not quite plug and play. I don’t doubt something will show up on quadratec though.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I bought the whole kit. You can buy just the brackets for $119 on the Vision-X web site, but the Dura Mini Flood lights that come with the kit retail for $60 each, and they seem to be high quality and super bright... So, including the wiring harnesses, the price seems reasonable.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Ive never had a cheap light fail outright on me, but the build quality is always apparent in my experience. Peeing paint within a year or so, brittle wire insulation that cracks and crumbles, etc.
I've never had any of that happen with the cheap lights. I had some on my trailer which lived 24x7 outdoors, in AZ sun, with no issues. The only thing that companies like VisionX offer over them is great beam quality and a great mount. In forward-facing, especially spot applications, those are important. They are worth money. To me, a flood is a flood, which I've seen in person by running the cheap floods for over ten years.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just received my Vision-X rear lights. Everything is super high quality. The wiring harnesses are excellent. Flood lights seem totally waterproof and well made.

Here is a description of the flood lights.
The DURA Mini Series offers outstanding light output from a small 2.75” compact housing. Utilizing 3-Watt LEDs, the DURA Mini operates with an extremely low amperage (1A@12V) while outputting 2,000 raw lumens. Weighing in at under 1 pound, the DURA Mini is the ideal light for those needing powerful light in a limited space. Features and Benefits: • Compact and Durable Die-Cast Housing Construction • Polycarbonate Lens • Weatherproof Deutsch Connector • IP-68/ IP69K Rated

I added Dot 2 reflector tape to the empty part of the mount as shown in this Forum by jwilson2899 in this post https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-do-to-your-gladiator-today.23705/post-476326
Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights Bb1okm

Brackets are nice. One cool thing is that the brackets have a vertical adjustment for the flood light, so, you can aim them any way you want. You can see the adjustment screw in the picture below.

Jeep Gladiator visionx backup lights vJqFuP

I have the Aux switches, so, installation will be a breeze and fun with the super nice wiring harness.
Sponsored

Last edited: