Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Ray Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Quick look after the 2” AEV spacer install and 38s.

B1855544-F7A3-4FB4-854D-603B592B703F.jpeg
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Looks pretty fantastic! Once the bumper and winch are buttoned up it will be quite the beast.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Looks pretty fantastic! Once the bumper and winch are buttoned up it will be quite the beast.
Thank you, ordered new bumper last night and will see if I can get a Black Friday deal on a winch next month. (I'm a sucker for good deals even if I have to wait for it lol)

Took the Diamondback off to do the shims properly as well and installing the Apex sway disconnects and steering stabilizer this week.

Went to install the Fox steering stabilizer but the bolt changed but luckily local mopar parts shop had the bolt I needed.

Still have to get the Rokblokz on there after I trim the stock rock rails (for tire clearance but also mudflap modification delete) and the Yeti track bar and more...

Slowly but surely.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Slowly but surely.
Not so slow, you have all the parts, but are just picking which project to tackle. It’s like a kid owning all the lego sets and just picking which ones to work on 😂

What bumper did yo go for?

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Not so slow, you have all the parts, but are just picking which project to tackle. It’s like a kid owning all the lego sets and just picking which ones to work on 😂

What bumper did yo go for?
That's a good way to put it hahah, I knew I'd run into issues here and there doing it this way but I didn't want to be held back by any supply chain issues, so far it was the right choice.

It's funny though because you do have to be somewhat conscious of the order in which parts you apply to make life easier, the big pieces are out of the way at least.

Same RR HD but in the stubby version with the X-striker (keeping that but selling full width bumper), I almost went barebones stubby but wanted to keep my factory LEDs and tucked winch plate vs blocking the grille for cooling.

The pointy ends of this bumper do concern me slightly but we will see when it arrives, at least I'll be within return period worst case.

Jeep Gladiator (VolatileA) Big Sur - 2021 Sting Gray Mojave Build 11540-32-on-car_1

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Same RR HD but in the stubby version with the X-striker (keeping that but selling full width bumper), I almost went barebones stubby but wanted to keep my factory LEDs and tucked winch plate vs blocking the grille for cooling.
Nice! I am looking at the Arcus bumper as I want a stubby and this looks very close to an OEM look.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Currently running the stock steel plate backing and tossed the plastic front until new front bumper #2 arrives. 🤣

Nothing says “work in progress” like a half ass front end.

23DDC0CF-1313-4A9B-B12F-9090202D4374.jpeg

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Nice! I am looking at the Arcus bumper as I want a stubby and this looks very close to an OEM look.
The arcus is great too but really wanted that striker bar. Else the arcus was my #2 choice, it’s extremely minimal.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
You know... I'm thinking you need to get some dirt on this thing!
Working on it hahah! If I was still in SoCal I would have already took it up into the mountains but nothing like that here in Central Texas. I can't wait to get this thing dirty and flex it out.

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Working on it hahah! If I was still in SoCal I would have already took it up into the mountains but nothing like that here in Central Texas. I can't wait to get this thing dirty and flex it out.
That's true. I day dreamed about moving to Corpus Christi while WFH last year. One day getting off a trail my wife reminded me, there is good fishing in the gulf, but no mountains in Texas! It's starting to snow in many parts so you may be land locked for a while now. Unless you make out my way into Vegas.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
That's true. I day dreamed about moving to Corpus Christi while WFH last year. One day getting off a trail my wife reminded me, there is good fishing in the gulf, but no mountains in Texas! It's starting to snow in many parts so you may be land locked for a while now. Unless you make out my way into Vegas.
Funny you mention the coastline b/c thats the first place I want to go when this thing is done and run the beach and shoreline (something we can't do in California)

I may actually be driving to LA with a stop in Vegas in 3-4 weeks, if you have any pointers of good spots there please let me know, I'm all ears!

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Funny you mention the coastline b/c thats the first place I want to go when this thing is done and run the beach and shoreline (something we can't do in California)

I may actually be driving to LA with a stop in Vegas in 3-4 weeks, if you have any pointers of good spots there please let me know, I'm all ears!
Heck yeah man!

Okay here is a cool spots to check out:

https://ohv.nv.gov/trails/cold-creek-to-indian-springs
https://ohv.nv.gov/trails/pahrump
https://ohv.nv.gov/trails/jean-roach-dry-lake

The first two are more out of the way if you're driving through to LA and a bit more of trail riding and exploring, the third is a cool area where they actually run an off road race. I forget the one exactly, Mint 400 maybe? So should be right up the Mojave's alley with a dry lake bed, sand washes, etc. a lot of high speed stuff overall.

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Installed the Apex sway bar disconnects tonight and Fox steering stabilizer 2 days ago.

The apex connect is pretty awesome, I test drove down the street about 15mph and you can tell when they are disconnected as the body wants to roll side to side when turning steering wheel quickly. (note: not suppose to go over 25mph per apex while disconnected)

Also noticed but haven’t had a chance to really test it but while they are locked, the vehicle has less body roll and seems stiffer while turning which is great.

For the Fox steering stabilizer you’ll need to buy the following on the 2021:

Hex Flange Head Bolt
Product ID: 6510774AA

C4B66B95-D637-4227-980C-69F489E48720.jpeg

FCFC67DF-97A7-4EAF-ADA5-3E6152A12585.jpeg

FC656346-FD37-475B-9D30-D302DE09F3ED.jpeg

OP
OP
VolatileA

VolatileA

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Trader & Educator + A/V
Installed the side marker lights tonight, fenders are completely off at the moment, to fender chop now or not to fender chop, that is the question. 🥴

Next up is that box on the ground which holds the Steersmarts Yeti track bar.

Also just realized I forgot to update the thread of the newly installed Rugged Ridge HD Stubby with the X-striker bar, the full width was sold locally as it rubbed with the 38s.

The stubby is growing on me and I'm starting to like it and provides more clearance.

Looking forward to taking this thing off road this weekend potentially to test everything out.

Jeep Gladiator (VolatileA) Big Sur - 2021 Sting Gray Mojave Build 982CDACF-531E-4000-A53A-2238C20E4B75

Jeep Gladiator (VolatileA) Big Sur - 2021 Sting Gray Mojave Build 7C2AED63-02A6-4FF2-9A58-7AC6CF28CED4

Jeep Gladiator (VolatileA) Big Sur - 2021 Sting Gray Mojave Build 3AB968A2-6F82-4093-A7BB-E7A57B7C6CF5
Sponsored

Last edited: